1996 Mystic Cobra with 41K miles
Mac catted H-pipe
Flowmaster 2 chamber cat-back
K&N filter
4.10 gears
Auburn HD differential
Tri-ax shifter
Steeda Ultra-cool radiator
What mods should I go with next? I'm looking for a little bit more MPH. I'm running through the traps at 102 MPH on street (Non-drag radial) tires. Should I step up to a 3" cat-back, a Densecharger, a MAF, or a custom chip? Any suggestions on my best course of action? Thank's in advance.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have been told that people have been dropping .2 sec and picking up 2mph with the DC setups.

I have yet to track test the DC setup, so I can't say exactly how much it is worth. I would choose the DC out of all the mods you listed, but that is just MHO.

Good luck.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got a DC here and it allowed my KBell blower to breath fire. With no other real mods I'm now pulling 377rwhp. Highly recommended for the price.

-DSal

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTT

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dont think my densecharger made a big difference. Of the options you listed, probably the best increase in hp would be from either scrapping the flows for a magnapack catback, also would be better hp wise if you had an x but either way the magnapack is more straight through. Maybe a c&l maf would give about the same hp but then may have a/f issues.

Without a doubt your biggest drop in et would come from some dr's. That is a certainty. Whereas the other options will help but wont be as noticeable as the drop in et with the dr's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry my mistake. I didnt see the chip option. Just advancing your timing will give you the biggest hp increase of the things you listed. Unless cobras are way different than gt's in that respect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts