Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track tonight and I can't figure out what is wrong. Last time at the track I was running 13.7-8 @98-99, I blew the clutch and have since replaced my KC clutch with a spec stage II and have added an AL DS (My only changes). Tonight I managed to get in 4 runs and my best run of the night is a [email protected], followed by [email protected], [email protected], and lastly a very CRAPPY [email protected]:barf:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :barf:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody cares to even take a guess. My 60' times were off by a .1th or two but nothing to account for a full second. How does an al driveshaft effect ability to spin tires over stock ds ??

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
The aluminum driveshaft should have helped, not hurt.

How much of this can be explained by conditions? Do you log data in a notebook when you go racing? It helps to do that, especially in cases such as this, when you ave a big change in your "stats".
What was the weather like last time you went racing? Was there a big change in barometer/humidity/air temp?

You mentioned you "blew the clutch"- Tell us more about that. DId you over-rev the engine when you did that? Also, did you re-surface the flywheel? Or did you just replace the clutch/PP? Did you allow the clutch to break in before you went racing? Could your new clutch be slipping?

There's any number of reasons why your MPH is down so much, but more info would be helpful.

Whatever it is, we hope you figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts