Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, it's not blazing by any means but it's and improvement from my old times none the less. I didn't note the weather conditions, but here in Louisiana, its damn hot!

Old 14.30-14.40 consistant N/A

New 14.12-14.21 consistant N/A

All i did was add the new intake. I figured i'd gain about 10-15 RWHP with it. The only problem i have now is that i hit the limiter on the juice once. Once too many... (Just a 75 shot.) I banged it for a milisecond before i backed out. I was watching the tach real close. My next adventure is a JMS chip and a short belt! 13's here i come!!!

I did notice that the intake killed some of my low end torque, but above 3000 RPM's it likes to rev. At least better than the stock intake.
After i get the chip, the 100 HP jets go in and i'm going to assult the low 13's!!!!

Just wanted to share...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zenboy99
My 60's were between 2.13 and 2.20. I know i have a smigen left because i wsa spinning the DR off the line. The track was a little loose.

rel3rd,
Thanks! What is your combo? 12's sound nice....naturally!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,171 Posts
Good improvment!! Get those 60's down. 98mph is good for about a 13.50 N/A, Good luck man!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gmkillr,
How much time did you gain by running a short belt? I hear rumors of about a tenth or two.

BTW, do you really think my MPH is worth a 13.5 ?!? Wow, thanks a lot! I do spin a small amout off the line, i need to practice leaving with the converter and flashing it to its full potential. (As well as quit being such a cheap ass and getting a set of new DR's for the car....)
Again, thanks for the vote of confidence!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,171 Posts
Fork said:
gmkillr,
How much time did you gain by running a short belt? I hear rumors of about a tenth or two.

BTW, do you really think my MPH is worth a 13.5 ?!? Wow, thanks a lot! I do spin a small amout off the line, i need to practice leaving with the converter and flashing it to its full potential. (As well as quit being such a cheap ass and getting a set of new DR's for the car....)
Again, thanks for the vote of confidence!
The shortbelt was worth 2 tenths and 2mph for me, so id imagine it would do you the same.
As far as 98 being good for a 13.5, hell yeah, i ran 13.3's @ 99mph last year so so I know 98 is good for a mid 13. Good luck man!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Fork, at your power level why bother with a chip? Your money could be spent much better in other places like DRs. I did the JMS chip thing and what a waste of money. $305 is what I spent and the car would not even idle with it in. I emailed JMS and they said sorry but it's been 6 months. So because I waited for a while to put the chip in there was nothing they could do for me. I wasn't asking for my money back or anything. I just wanted them to reburn the chip and I got no response. Terrible customer service. If you want a chip don't do a mail order chip. Get one burnt on the dyno.

But like I said IMO they are a waste of money. Obviously I'm not to fond of JMS either, they rank right up there with Excessive Motorsports in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
I wouldn't get a chip either until you do some major mods. I got a chip from JMS only because of some driveability issues with my cam. You are right though, this LA heat sux. That track is always loose too so I got some et streets to play with out there and they work a lot better than my old DR's. Hope to see you out there one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
J95SNAKE,
I think i've seen your Cobra at Red River about four weeks ago. You were parked near the staging lanes and the car was all by itself. Not that i expect you to remember, but i've seen your car and it looks good! No one was around so i didn't get the chance to talk to ya. You might have seen mine as well. I have the only Teal SN at the track and it seems that i was always paired racing with a blue Lightning all night. PM me next time you go to the track and maybe we can hook up. My friends and i go about once or twice a month. BTW, the track just raised their prices. Now it's $20 to race...
Your idea about the ET streets has me leaning that way. I talked to a few folks there and they said the same thing. What does your car run?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
I am running 13.5s @100. She is a big piggy and its killing me. I haven't been in awhile. I need to go back but I am having a friend rebuild my tranny for me after I autocross it on the 27th. I don't recall your car at all. Ah well, I'm sure I will see yours around one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
NXGTS said:
Fork, at your power level why bother with a chip? Your money could be spent much better in other places like DRs. I did the JMS chip thing and what a waste of money. $305 is what I spent and the car would not even idle with it in. I emailed JMS and they said sorry but it's been 6 months. So because I waited for a while to put the chip in there was nothing they could do for me. I wasn't asking for my money back or anything. I just wanted them to reburn the chip and I got no response. Terrible customer service. If you want a chip don't do a mail order chip. Get one burnt on the dyno.

But like I said IMO they are a waste of money. Obviously I'm not to fond of JMS either, they rank right up there with Excessive Motorsports in my book.
HMMMM,,

Well i guess if you have a 5 spd a chip is probably not necessary but with a AODE the rev limiter is at 5500 rpm and with a gear in the car they will tend to bump the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift and with 5500 rpm limiter it can cause you lots of problems if you hit it one to many while on the spray..

As for JMS.. LOOK AT MY SIG.. They had wonderfull service after the sale and will reburn FREE of charge to give any additional tweaks.. (of course it is not THEIR fault you did not put the chip in for 6 months and they tell you that they will reburn first time free to fix any INITIAL problems you might have) MY CAR WOULD NOT IDLE ON A HOT RESTART EVER with the stock computer after the chip.. they moved the rev limiter, took care of the idle problem and took care of several other driveability related problems i had.. AND they turned the smog junk off so i could remove the egr , smog pump, and air lines etc..

My car was Much better after i installed one of their chips..

They have built several other chips for me and i have always been happy with the results....
Just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BIGTONY26,
Thanks for the input. Us auto guys need all the help we can get. Right now, i just leave the shifter in "D", stall the car out to 2200-2400 and stomp it when the light turns green. I let the stock program/computer shift for me. I come close (by the factory tach) to hitting my limiter the way i shift right now off the spray.
So, to make a long story short i called JMS (Chris E) and ordered my chip. What did JMS set your limiter at? Do you think the chip alone improved your track times, or did you do other mods at the same time?
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Fork said:
BIGTONY26,
Thanks for the input. Us auto guys need all the help we can get. Right now, i just leave the shifter in "D", stall the car out to 2200-2400 and stomp it when the light turns green. I let the stock program/computer shift for me. I come close (by the factory tach) to hitting my limiter the way i shift right now off the spray.
So, to make a long story short i called JMS (Chris E) and ordered my chip. What did JMS set your limiter at? Do you think the chip alone improved your track times, or did you do other mods at the same time?
Thanks.
I had mine set to 6400 in case i ever go more radical.. It helped et and mph .. Around 3 tenths and 4.5 mph (i had the heads etc already and it was pulling hard when you would have to shift)

Tony
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top