Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...I just moved to the Warner Robins / Middle Georgia area...looking to see if any car clubs exist.

Please help me out, I'm getting really really bored.

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a Mustang Club in Macon, not far from you. You could check them out, go to MCA website and look for the clubs in Ga, You'll find their website.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed them and got the date of their next meeting.

Thanks saleensc90!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
You're most welcome, if you're ever up near atlanta my car club is having a show August 3rd. Modified MCA judging rules, typical mustang classes. All Ford powered vehicles welcome. the show is at John Bleakley Ford off I-20 at Thorton Rd.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've lived in Warner Robins all my life. Really not bad once you get used to the heat/humidity and mosquitoes.

I've only had my mustang for ~6 months so I wasn't aware of any clubs around here.

there is a nice 1/4 mile track in reynolds. It's about 30 minutes west of here on hwy 96. They have test/tune on Fri PM and Sat day. Lots of nice people there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I moved from New Orleans, La. land of the 100% humidity, so I don't mind the heat.

I found out WR does have a local SCCA region, and I will be attending their auto-x on the 20th.

I have noticed a TON of fox body mustangs in the Warner Robins area. Rbridges, look for me driving around .. I'm in a blue 91 with 99 cobra wheels.

·
Registered
337 Posts
what brings you to WR? I've got a few friends who tinker with Mustangs.

give me a yell

[email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently graduated from LSU and landed a job at Robins AFB...not many jobs to go around these days, and the work looks very interesting...so I moved.

Thanks for the e-mail address....I'm looking for "car people" to talk to and hang out with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, welcome to Georgia, 91-.

I didn't know there was a club that close to Dublin, so I may have to check it out some time as all of my friends are into lowriders. Maybe I'll go cruise WR some time too.

And to all you WR guys, if you happen to go to the Golden Corral, make sure you ask for Robert Lee and tell him I sent you to smoke his Camaro. :lol: He is the manager there BTW.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The local SCCA chapter has their meetings at that Golden Corral. The first meeting I go to, I'll be sure to pass on the message.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just to be sure we're on the same page, it's the GC on Russel Parkway. If he's there, you'll see a black 96 Z with chrome factory wheels and some kind of white Gigliotti G2 sticker on the side.

He should get a laugh, just tell him waddles sent you their. You guys may even be able to talk him into going racing with you sometime.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I'm thinking there's two scenarios:

1) The camaro is super fast, and therefore challenging him would be comical

2) The driver *thinks* he has a fast car and therefore races anyone with the intentions of winning.

If it's a Z28, it's pretty fast, so I'm guessing option 1.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Welcome to GA.
I got a few mustang pals in WR and go down there at least once a month .I live about 75 miles from WR.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess his car is kind of fast, but nothing special. No power adders or anything like that, just a few bolt-ons. He hasn't really got the hang of launching it yet either, so you'd probably beat him. I'm going to try to get him to go to Macon National Dragway or Silver Dollar sometime to race him so I'll at least know what it will do.

Btw, what do you do at the base?

Anyway, drop me a line sometime - [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts