Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first off has any one ever done a Time-Sert install for the spark plug's? My 01 bullitt has blow a plug and when it come out i seen it already had a helicol on it. Time-Sert said there kit could fix it, but i just have never done any thing like that befor!? and then the big one.... I been looking into doing a 2v to 4v swap.. any info from ppl that have done it or know some one who has would help. Im just looking to be able to make good power down the road and not have plugs blowing out and taken my cop's out every time. Im looking to try and build a 450rwhp car n/a , that later down the road i can add a blower and get bigger numbers 600+... :salute:

·
Registered
24 Posts
mine did the same thing last year. i ended up going with the trick flow kit from summit. i have had no proublums at all with this kit and i am making over 300 hp at the rears and it beets doing a 4v conversion.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I looked into a 4 valve conversion - it gets expensive quickly. Instead I opted to build my stock 2 valve motor in my 2004 GT. I'm in the process of getting funds together to build the longblock, but with a little gift from Kenne Bell I'm putting down 450 rwhp and 475 rwtq. However that is with forced induction....

That being said - my tuner (Alternative Auto in Michigan) says that once I build the motor and add a little methanol I should be looking at 600+ rwhp. Looking forward to that day :rofl: But...you really can't say you see many 2 valve cars on the street making 600+ while it's not uncommon to see that from a 4 valve which I think makes it worth building.

·
Registered
932 Posts
The reason you see less 2v is because of the bottom ends IMO. and yes I know not 4v come with forged bottom ends. You are not going to convert to a 4v and hit 450 NA HP. It will still take a power adder to hit those numbers. I would take the cost of going 4v and build a forged bottom end. There are plenty of guys on here hitting 500 plus hp on 2v Ryan Cory Jerry . You can learn a lot from these guys, as I have. As far as time serts Nick at MHS use them so them most be good.

·
Registered
537 Posts
There aren't many at that power level around here. One that makes around 700 and another that isn't done yet from KC. Shooting for close to 600 on the spray with mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I have been looking into the Trick flow heads, Cant make my mind up on forged kit yet or a cam. I also am thinking about adding a paxton kit to it also. I wanted 2 go KB but i dont want to lose my intake i love the bullitt one.

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I have been looking into the Trick flow heads, Cant make my mind up on forged kit yet or a cam. I also am thinking about adding a paxton kit to it also. I wanted 2 go KB but i dont want to lose my intake i love the bullitt one.

you must be a tech'r

·
Registered
536 Posts
Anyone ever notice Nick chimes in and just drops enlightenment on the modular world?

My thoughts on a 4V swap:

1) it is definitely cool and will get you props
2) but it is expensive and time consuming, not to mention it will suck the life out of you chasing parts if you aren't a serious gearhead
3) Catching an MMR shortblock on sale after Thanksgiving and get a used blower from the classifieds will probably be close to the same cost
4) A forged motor + blower will put you well over 500 rwhp and into modified Cobra territory
5) Get cams from Nick for your application

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i think im gonna stick to 2v and just build it up. Now its just down to what to get.. and for the time-serts i looked at the site. I just wanted 2 know if any one has done it befor and if its easy like the video showed it 2 be.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
yeah i think im gonna stick to 2v and just build it up. Now its just down to what to get.. and for the time-serts i looked at the site. I just wanted 2 know if any one has done it befor and if its easy like the video showed it 2 be.

With Romeo heads its a biach. Just keep using the first cutter/reamer until it never picks up anymore chips. It will take out a ton with the Romeo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts