Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Time has come for the CMS cams to come out and stock to go back in. I've done everything I can, had the tune revised, installed a new EGR system, fixed a couple of vacuum leaks, and it still stalls. It stalled 4-5 times on me the other day moving it from one spot in my driveway into the garage. I'm tired of messing with it at this point. I've got the valve covers off and all of the bolts holding the timing cover out. Tonight I'll pull the timing cover, pull the cams and crank gear, and reinstall the stock stuff. I'm hoping to get it all back together tonight, but if not, I'll finish it up this weekend. If it still stalls with the stock stuff, I'm just going to cut my losses and sell it. My frustration levels with this car are at an all time high. I never intended to have this big of a project, and don't want a car I have to constantly work on. If it runs right, I'll fix the AC and just drive it as is until I get tired of it. Hopefully I'll have good news by the weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Stock cams are back in, and it runs smooth with no issues. I have no clue what the problem was with the CMS cams. CMS was of no help at all, and nothing I tried worked. From everything I read, everyone loves them and their cars run great with them. Mine not so much. Looks like I’ll be selling the cams and crane gears soon to try to recoup some of my costs.

on the agenda next is getting the AC running again. If they have to pull the dash to do anything with the condenser, I’m going to have them pop in the new heater core while they are in there. If not, I’ll have to do that before winter sometime.

in the near future (no big rush) I need to try to figure out why I’m getting a lot of engine noise through the speakers. Ithas stock Mach 460 amps and speakers with an aftermarket radio. Ground is directly tied to ground behind the radio, and the noise canceling things are in place on the engine (and new at that). I can live with it for a while, but will have to fix it at some point. I think it’s just my cheap head unit. I may replace all of the speakers and run an aftermarket amp to them at some point, but that is low on my lose.

for the first time in a long time, I’m done working on the car for a while. Now I have to replace a cv axle in a 2015 Mini Cooper this weekend, then I’m done working on cars for a while. Not sure I’ll know what to do with myself and all the free time I’ll have, lol.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts