Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to introduce myself ... My name is Rich I am from North Dallas I just purchased a new 2002 Mustang GT and heard some good stuff about this forum. TTYL :)

2002 Mustang GT
*stock* for now

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board. Please don't ask any gear ?'s.(for you Joe) Later Ron

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
welcome aboard! Lets make this the all in 1 thread. Gears... covered. I will cover tires... SLICKS. next :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
next question

Cheapest place for magnaflow catback! Full line exhaust ask for Ron.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I know this is unrelated, but you slick guys....

How do you get your slicks to the track? I mean, you can't drive on the street with em. So, do they actually fit in the car somewhere???

And hello to the new guy.. you've come to the right place for info, bs, and most of all bench racing.

1st question gears, covered
2nd question tires, slicks, covered
3rd question exhaust, covered
4th question.... Do not buy the MAC CAI, it sucks. hehe

Jeff

·
Registered
586 Posts
You better get un stock in a hurry with a handle like that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome. It'll be a while before you're showing the LS1's your taillights, though... :( Good luck in your mods!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Gears... covered.
Exhaust... covered.
Slicks... covered.
MAC CAI... covered.

Well, Happy Thoughts Then! Welcome to the board, stick around have fun, and avoid the topics listed above.

Weeee, We are all happy.:hammer:
joe

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
StoplightWarrior said:
Welcome. It'll be a while before you're showing the LS1's your taillights, though... :( Good luck in your mods!
:lol: See this is the catch I use to have a 2000 Mustang GT with plenty o' mods ... I took everything off of the car before I traded it in and I am transferring it to the 2002 GT .. The following mods will be installed in the next 2 weeks:

1. N/X 125hp Shot :evil:
2. Densecharger C.A.I.
3. 4:10s
4. Nitto DR 275/40/17 - Rears ET Streets at the track
5. Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe
6. Saleen Borla Exhaust
7. Steeda Tri-Ax shortshifter
8. Steeda Underdrive Pullies
9. Custom Burnt Diablo Chip
10. Backseat Delete
11. Eibach Sportline Springs (2" Drop)
12. Redline Oil
13. Redline Waterwetter
14. Redline Trans Fluid

Installed Next Month:
- MAC Longtube headers
- MAC Prochamber H-Pipe
- HPM Lower Control Arms
- HPM Upper Control Arms
- HPM Sub-Frame Connectors
- undecided K-Member Replacement

I think this will be enough to have some LS1s seeing my tailights. Until I get some Forged Internals and the beast ATI P1SC w/ 3 Core intercooler. I will have some new track times at the end of this month. I will also dyno my car before I get my L/Ts installed to see what gains I get.

Later buds ... :barf: LS1s LT1s

·
Registered
113 Posts
"Whats the first mod" answer is get rid of the f150 truck shifter and put the tri ax in.

Second Best Bolt on for the buck: Steeda Timing Adjuster

Of course this will open debate and I unfortunatley did not follow my suggested order...but a friend of mine did for his 2002 and with x pipe t/a and shifter he ran a low 13.70 on street tires. I think the car would have had more but he was used to a built 5.0 with slicks that he can dump at 5000....not used to riding the clutch out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts