Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I installed a 70mm Professional Products throttle body. Thats when the problems started..

The first thing I noticed was when at arounds 2,000 RPMs at part throttle theres a whistling nosie coming from the front.

That I can live with but heres the main thing, it eats gas faster than a fat lady in the pound cake section. I went thru a 1/4 of a tank just going to work. Put my finger in the exhuast back, came out black. So I geuss you can say I'm running rich?..

Another thing to throw out, I tried hooking up my A/F gauge while during the install and it's not reading anything. Would the O2 sensors not work because of it being rich and being covered with this black crap.

It idles fine and all gaps seem to be closed. I used the gaskets that same with the new TB.

Anyone out there got any ideas.. thanks alot :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
What mods do you have to be running such a large TB? I think most TBs are gonna whistle a little bit. I got a FMS 65mm TB and it even whistles. With all that black soot, it definitely sounds like you're running rich. Like SorsCode said ... O2's could be responsible for the poor gas milage - but then again, being like most of us - when the new mods go in - somehow the gas pedal is a lot more tempting to press harder on!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
duplicate posts - sorry

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Pull EEC codes.

Also, you may need to do the battery reset thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i put a pro products tb on my 94 and the only problem i had was the throttle stop nut kept coming loose. I have noticed gas mileage dropped but i also added the pro products intake. I have niticed the possibility of running rich because of the hot start up it tends to wanna backfire if i get on it hard. If you hear of a fix to the running rich e-mail me with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just curious if you had any probs when reinstalling the cruise cable on TB? On my 70 pro it's like three "c" hairs too short, so it pulls back on throttle and idles 'round 1500rpms. Does yours fit right?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Did you re-set the EEC after the install?

If not, you need to disconnect the battery and let the EEC re-learn.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stangGT95 said:
Just curious if you had any probs when reinstalling the cruise cable on TB? On my 70 pro it's like three "c" hairs too short, so it pulls back on throttle and idles 'round 1500rpms. Does yours fit right?
Yea cruise cable fit just fine. But I did have to drill the top right hole alittle bigger because the TB wouldn't go all the way to the intake.

And I d/c the negative cable on the battery over night and then let it idle a while.. hopefully that did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts