Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got some stuff done to my '03 yesterday. I installed Ford "B" Springs (very nice- same drop as the "C" with spring rates closer to stock for a nice ride on these crappy NY roads) also got the FRPP 2½" Cat back, which I absolutely love- I didn't want anything real loud but still wanted it to stand out. It has a real nice troaty sound without being loud inside (great fit too. and I actually pulled it off in my driveway without having to cut the original) and last but not least AFS 17x9 Mach 1s on the back with 275/40s (Ford 17x8 up front). , and the pony caps fit too.

Any way, here are a few pics, I wish I could have gotten some better ones but it started raining just as I was finishing.

And an original for referance-

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice ride :up:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very nice looking car man!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I should be able to get some better pics this weeked. My driveway is as unlevel as they come so it's hard to tell exactly how it sits.

Madi98GT- you'll probably like the Bs, the ride didn't have any noticable change at all and it is a decent drop right out of the box.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Your car looks awsome, I had C springs on my 99 but I didn't like the ride, how much do the B springs cost? I can get C's for $109 but I don't want too harsh of a ride. I also thoght about the Steedas. By the way I love those wheels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BNH4.6 said:
Your car looks awsome, I had C springs on my 99 but I didn't like the ride, how much do the B springs cost? I can get C's for $109 but I don't want too harsh of a ride. I also thoght about the Steedas. By the way I love those wheels.
GEF has them for $148

·
Registered
612 Posts
bigconig said:

Madi98GT- you'll probably like the Bs, the ride didn't have any noticable change at all and it is a decent drop right out of the box.
A buddy of mine has them on his 96GT, the ride is great and the car looks awesome. Your springs will probably settle a bit in the next few weeks and you might get a little more drop out of them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Madi98GT said:
A buddy of mine has them on his 96GT, the ride is great and the car looks awesome. Your springs will probably settle a bit in the next few weeks and you might get a little more drop out of them.
That's what I was figuring. I'll probably drive it a couple weeks with the stock gatorbacks up front then bring it in for an alignment and have the matching front tires mounted.

·
Registered
337 Posts
How much was the drop (inches)? Do steeda sports lower the car the same amount?

·
Registered
364 Posts
stock2002gt said:
How much was the drop (inches)? Do steeda sports lower the car the same amount?
1.5" Drop all around:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah the steedas are a bit more of a drop, The Bs are 1¼" front and 1" back I think ( I hope the back settles a bit, but iy still looks better than it did)

·
Registered
337 Posts
2stangman said:
1.5" Drop all around:

That drop is perfect. I just got my STeeda sport springs today, but I am trying to figure out what brand of shocks/struts I should install with them. I figure it shouldn't take me much longer to change out the shocks/struts when i am installing the springs. Any suggestions on shock/struts? Any good website with good prices?:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
bigconig, did you cut any of the rear coils out or just put them it in right out of the box?

Your car looks good. I'm thinking of getting some "B" springs for my 03.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blownup5.0 said:
bigconig, did you cut any of the rear coils out or just put them it in right out of the box?

Your car looks good. I'm thinking of getting some "B" springs for my 03.
They're right out of the box

1 - 20 of 23 Posts