Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that you guys have me all bound up about the - 4-link- and- poly- bind issue......................

Is it possible to buy new rubber bushings for the rear UCA's????

I have the Hotchkisssssss package in back, but the bushings in the housing ears should still be the same.

A Ford part number would be awesome.

·
Registered
366 Posts
We have stock O.E. rubber bushings available from Ford Racing. They come in a package of 2 for $12.

But really, while bind is a real phenomenon, the whole issue can be a bit overblown. You just have to select the right firmness of bushing. We have polyurethane rear axle bushings available in 80 and 88 durometer (on the “A” scale). In contrast, one of the major urethane manufacturers only has 95 durometer for that position on the car. There is a big difference.

For reference, the factory rubber bushings I have tested varied from 55 to 74 durometer, depending on the part number. These numbers can’t be directly compared to urethane however, because the construction and shape of the bushing types are a bit different.

·
Registered
169 Posts
techguy said:
We have stock O.E. rubber bushings available from Ford Racing. They come in a package of 2 for $12.

But really, while bind is a real phenomenon, the whole issue can be a bit overblown. You just have to select the right firmness of bushing. We have polyurethane rear axle bushings available in 80 and 88 durometer (on the “A” scale). In contrast, one of the major urethane manufacturers only has 95 durometer for that position on the car. There is a big difference.

For reference, the factory rubber bushings I have tested varied from 55 to 74 durometer, depending on the part number. These numbers can’t be directly compared to urethane however, because the construction and shape of the bushing types are a bit different.
Adam if you want some new bushings for the UCAs I have the stock UCAs out of my Car just sitting in the garage. You can have them for free if you want. They arent new but im sure they are in alot better shape than yours

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimmy,
Yea, I didn't even think about that. Thanks a lot. I'll get in touch with your dad this week.

P.S
Did you find some loophole in the rules that allow that torque arm in ESP?????????????????????

·
Registered
169 Posts
Adam90gt said:
Jimmy,
Yea, I didn't even think about that. Thanks a lot. I'll get in touch with your dad this week.

P.S
Did you find some loophole in the rules that allow that torque arm in ESP?????????????????????
I have a Technical Service Bullitan from Ford allowing the welding of certain subframe connectors for convertable mustangs. They arent the strongest but are sutible for the TA crossmember to mount to. Ill see how well they hold up to the abuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts