Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
That is correct.

From the looks of it, it could still be mounted behind the crank pulley, just the trigger wheel needs to bevel back towards the balancer. Realize that might not work for the aftermarket balancers though.
I see what you’re saying. That general idea might work, but not with the existing trigger wheel and brackets (they would need to be shorter) and not with a balancer of similar size to what Michael has.

The 94/95 setup here unfortunately will not work with a double crank pulley. It’s designed to work on a stock belt system or a single belt blower setup such as ProCharger uses.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I see what you’re saying. That general idea might work, but not with the existing trigger wheel and brackets (they would need to be shorter) and not with a balancer of similar size to what Michael has.

The 94/95 setup here unfortunately will not work with a double crank pulley. It’s designed to work on a stock belt system or a single belt blower setup such as ProCharger uses.
I figured, back to making another Explorer trigger wheel on my balancer.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm curious (famous last words) about the strategy that's used to determine when to fire the ignition and injectors where there are both the cam sensor and the crank sensor. Since the crank sensor is clearly the more accurate, does the cam sensor just index where #1 cylinder is at?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
When ordering the crank sensor kits, the question arises about block type, my 363 (2 actually) are Dart SHPs, any concerns with fitment to these particular blocks?

Jay
Jay you will get to see how it works on my Dart SHP with a ATI super damper. I got my crank trigger kit today but I won't start the install until next week.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Jay you will get to see how it works on my Dart SHP with a ATI super damper. I got my crank trigger kit today but I won't start the install until next week.
It will be similar but not the same as I've got a '94-'95 front dress. And, of course, the red headed orphan of the 5.0 Mustang World is an extra hundred bucks to do the Pro-M crank trigger! :cry: Wouldn't ya just know it.

Jay

41 - 49 of 49 Posts