Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drop is complete thanks to the help of LR 01 Cobra!

Here is the before after pic of my 01 with the new H&R Supersports, Tokico 5 ways and Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates. No more 4X4 for me!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks really nice. Excellent Choice. ;)

I just got some too. Check 'em out here

-Rich

·
Registered
827 Posts
That looks awsome...I am switching from my Pro-Kit to the H&R this week.

One question...how many of the spacers did you use that came with the caster/camber plates...one, two or three?

Curious as to how many I will need with that much drop.

Also, how many fingers fit between the tire and fender on the front? Rear?

Also, how does it ride?

Looks tight!
Great work!
~Darren

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the spacers I used large and small on the lower end of the strut and a small on the upper end. So 3 total spacers were used.

I can fit 2 fingers up front and almost 3 in the rear. My fingers are small compared to most.

As for the ride, I have the shocks/struts set on 3. It rides very smooth no harsh bumps. I am going to play today with the settings. I think some people say 5 in the front and 4 in the rear. I am going to see how that feels. It corners like it's on rails now. :p I may need to get some double sticky tape for my a$$ to keep it from sliding out of the leather seat on turns.
:lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
rbianco and menace. Those Mustangs look great. I really need to get rid of the pickup truck ride height on mine. rbianco we have almost the same exact car. I like yours! Have fun

·
Registered
827 Posts
Do they settle as much as the Pro-Kit?

Curious as some have said they do not settle at all...they are 1 height -- the height installed.

Also, any issues with those and an aftermarket x or h pipe and the cats dragging?
~Darren

PS -- How did you know how many spacers to use?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some people say they will settle 1/4 - 1/8 in a week or so.
As for the spacers, you need to use as many as it takes to get the strut up high enough so you can thread it after the caster/camber.
I have the Bassani X & Bassani Cat back and I have no clearance
problems at all. I can post clearance pics if you like.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I don't know if its just me, but honestly, I can't tell hardly any difference. It does look slightly lower, but really not even an inch, and really not even that. I think a lot of it has to do with the lighting, and maybe the level of ground that the car is sitting at. :confused:

Here's a pic of my car with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs up front, with stock V6 springs in the rear, using the Kenny Brown TracKit brackets, with the Kenny Brown LCA's in the rear.

No flame here, I just thought the H&R's sat the car pretty low?? :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
:) There is a big difference. The H&R's drop the car more than the Eibach Pro's. The H&R's seem to give a little better ride than my Eibachs. My .02 Cents:)

Tim:evil:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey 96_Stang_99 I did a measurement from the ground to the top of my wheel well. Maybe you can do the same to see how much you have dropped. I wish I would have measured before the drop. Any stock 01's want to measure?

front = 26.5
back = 27.5

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Menace,
These measurements were taken in my garage. Who knows how level it is?? Anyways....

Driver's side front.............26.20"
Driver's side rear..............26.33"
Passenger side front........26.66"
Passneger side rear.........26.10"

I'm also a few PSI low on air pressure in the rear, so that will make a minor difference. Also, I just noticed that my passenger side front sits about a half an inch higher than my driver's side.... thats weird. I'm only ~150 lbs. too!!! :D

If I remember, I'll take some measurements with the car outside tomorrow, and see what its like outside.

BTW... the pics you just posted help me to see the drop this time. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the numbers! I just filled my tires today. I will measure again on all 4 tires also. I'll wait til I am on a good flat surface. I am curious to see if all 4 tires are about the same. Did you leave on the rubber pieces when you did the springs? I transfered over the stock rubber isolators to the new H&R springs.
:joy:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Menace-01GT said:
It corners like it's on rails now. :p I may need to get some double sticky tape for my a$$ to keep it from sliding out of the leather seat on turns.
:lol:
Menace,

Looks good. Now you need to get some Corbeau's. Just installed mine and it's like a suspension upgrade. I used to slide all over the place and that really limited my driving. With the Corbeau's it's like I'm connected to the car. I've actually been breaking the rear end loose a lot more now. I used to use the sliding around in the seats as a gauge on how far I could push it. You need to stop by and sit in them. If you're ever in the easgate area, you can stop by my work. Check out some airplanes.
Ken

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Menace-01GT said:
Thanks for the numbers! I just filled my tires today. I will measure again on all 4 tires also. I'll wait til I am on a good flat surface. I am curious to see if all 4 tires are about the same. Did you leave on the rubber pieces when you did the springs? I transfered over the stock rubber isolators to the new H&R springs.
No problem man. Yeah, my rear tires are low, so I think the #'s may be a hair different when they are filled, but still the #'s could vary because of the surface the car is sitting on, too. As far as the isolators, I didn't do the spring install. If I remember correctly, the isolators were removed in the front. We wound up keeping the isolators in the rear, because the car was sitting too low in the rear to begin with, so I thought that isolators would help a little bit. I'm considering eventually going over to some drag springs for the rear. Hopefully that will sit the car just a hair higher in the rear, and allow for better weight transfer. You should have seen the car with the Eibach Pro-Kit in the rear with the Kenny Brown TracKit brackets. I swear to you that you could stick your hand in between the fender lip and the tire, but that it would get stuck half way up your hand. The car was dragging a$$ bad. Anyways, if I were you, I'd keep the isolators out, for a little more of a drop. You're really never gonna hear the springs, and you can get a little more drop if you leave them out. Well, good luck man. Laters...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts