Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this past weekend I took my car where I've wanted it for the past year and a half -- 12's on motor. I've been wanting to pickup a nitrous kit for a while, and finally found a deal I couldn't pass up: NOS-05115 brand new for $426 out-the-door!

I plan on safeguarding my car well. I've already picked up the headlight switch out of a GT and want to use the foglight part of it as an activation switch. Next I want a WOT switch to kill it between shifts. Finally I want a window switch to limit use between 3k & 5,800 RPM's. I know this is probably overkill (a push button would be much simpler), but this is my baby and I can't afford to build another one right now!

As I understand it a one heat range colder plug will be necessary, and I'll need to back my timing down a little (set at 16* right now). What's the major differences between the kit I bought and the 05115-2 kit? The only thing I could find is the -2 kit comes with a fuel pump, but I'm already running the Walbro GSS340. They advertise 75hp, but what's the true limit of this kit in box-stock form? And finally, can someone give me some tips on making this as stealth as possible? My goal for the car has always been to keep it a sleeper...

·
Registered
759 Posts
05115-2 kit

This is just the upgrade kit to give you a 150 shot. With forged pistons and a good fuel pump. you can do that no problem.

Call NOS and talk to the techs, they will send you a PDF file of the 5115 kit. It also includes all the parts on the 5115-2 kit. the 5115-2 kit comes with a fuel pump, regulator shim and some different jets, and some nuts bolts and hardware.

with 24 pound injectors you may want to ask them what jets you should be running.

my times below are on a 125 shot.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you totally want to make the kit stealth I can help you with that. I have a similar dry kit. I've sprayed 150hp on my 89 5.0 with no ill effects(knock on wood) I have a 190 intank and a t-rex inline. If you send me an email I can show you how I've got my systems setup. I think it's exactly what you're looking for.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts