Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to $$$ issues, my wife and I are trying to decide whether to buy a 2003 non-GT or to buy a 2000-2001 GT. The car will be primarily for commuting for her as well as me driving it every once in a while (or when I can get it away from her!) Anyone care to give your 2 cents?
Thanks, Stan

·
Registered
351 Posts
well..... since you're on a board comprised primarily of motorheads i'm sure 99% of the responses will be to get the v8 (gt). besides, you can probably get the gt with very low miles for around the same price you'll pay for the new v6.

GT it is!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If money is an issue a V6 would probably be cheaper in the long run. You get a new car with warranty, cheaper insurance, better gas mileage, etc..

You need to decide what your primary function for the car will be, and how important "saving money" is right now.

You can always get the nice car you want when you can afford it.

Paul G.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not really. It's a ratio. You paid more for the GT, it will be worth more also since it is a GT. It's still just an Mustang GT. Nothing overly special down the road 5-10 years from now (like the Fox bodies are these days). Cars aren't an investment. They don't gain value (certainly not the ones we are discussing).

I see plenty of people buying V6 cars new here in New England (don't know why but folks like them). I see as many V6 cars as I do GT's.

To me, if money is an issue I'd be spending as little as I could. This is why I'm selling my car. I want to move and get a house. That is priority. I'll have a nice new car when I'm in a better position to pay for it.

Paul G.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
get the GT....find a low miler driven by a middle aged guy with all the maint. records...itll be like new

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get a GT... Personally I don't think a Stang is a Stang unless it's a V8. Otherwise you are just driving a name, not a true Mustang.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts