Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91' gt and am planning to put some twisted wedge heads and a tfs stage 1 cam in it. While i'm at it, would you guys recommend swapping in some new lifters and a new timing chain set? Would the stock ones be worn out to where they should be replaced? My engine has 135,000 miles on it. If so, what lifters and timing chain set would you guys recommend? I don't mind spending the money if it is recommended, but I also wouldn't mind keeping that extra money in my pocket if the stock parts would work perfectly fine. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
yes replace them. FMS makes lifters for $120 and the FMS 9 keyway timing set is like $70. get both and dont worry about it

take care,
adam

·
Registered
665 Posts
I second the recommendation: you can't beat the quality for the money of the Ford Racing roller lifters and multi-keyway timing set.

Steve A.

·
Registered
301 Posts
whats the best place to order these parts. I need a chain, headgaskets,bolts, ect.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
avbcon12 said:
yes replace them. FMS makes lifters for $120 and the FMS 9 keyway timing set is like $70. get both and dont worry about it

take care,
adam
I thought the oem hyd. roller lifters were like 250...do you know where I can find for 120?????

·
Registered
35,047 Posts
I got mine for $100 from Central Coast Mustang last year - I bought other stuff too, and that may have impacted the price I was able to get on the lifters. Seems to be some chatter as to whether they're still around or not though....

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
I'm rebuilding too, I'm getting those summit lifters, should I get new pushrods too?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just ordered new lifters and pushrods from Lonestar Performance. Lifters were $109 and pushrods were $50. I've dealt with LSP twice and had good service both times...I recommend them. Of course you can't go wrong with Summit, either.

·
Registered
751 Posts
if anyone needs...i have the 9 point index timing chain and the lifters...email me at [email protected]...low miles on them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts