Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all over today that the HP rating for the new GT 500 will be 760
I would have bet on at least 750 and I was correct. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Yup. Now all wee need is for someone to stick a Kenne Bell 2.8LQ or larger on that engine and make 1K power.

·
Registered
57 Posts
760 hp and 625 tq on a car that weights 4500 lbs? No wonder there are so many mustang wreck vids on the net. That is a lot of power and easy to loose control if the driver is inexperienced handling that much power.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
760 hp and 625 tq on a car that weights 4500 lbs? No wonder there are so many mustang wreck vids on the net. That is a lot of power and easy to loose control if the driver is inexperienced handling that much power.
4500 lb? Source?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
4500 lb? Source?

I'd guess he read a door sticker, the GVWR or such max loaded limit. I'd guess the car is near 4000lbs, but hopefully under 3800.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I don't know what the new GT500 will weight. That is why I am asking hence the ? mark.
The 2018 GT350 weighs 3760lb. You weren't asking, you were assuming the car would be difficult to drive. They've had controls that prevent loss of control on cars for years, my 2012 GT500 for instance. Granted they can be turned off and that can be an issue for inexperienced drivers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
. You weren't asking, you were assuming the car would be difficult to drive.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Those pesky punctuation marks sure do cause a lot of confusion, even for the person that made the questions or comment. Anyway yes I was asking the weight of the production car, and yes I was making a reference to all the internet videos of mustang crashes. Sorry to offend you.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Those pesky punctuation marks sure do cause a lot of confusion, even for the person that made the questions or comment. Anyway yes I was asking the weight of the production car, and yes I was making a reference to all the internet videos of mustang crashes. Sorry to offend you.
Most on the internet can't take criticism. Clearly you weren't asking what the weight was, you were just estimating with a "?" for the sake of argument. Saying otherwise is simply getting offended when no unfair criticism was intended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts