Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wrecked 2011 gt with 35k miles, and can buy a 2011 V6 with a bad engine for 1300. Would I be able to drop the k member and swap my coyote in or are the k members different? Would I need to swap out the interior harness or just the engine harness and the pcm, door locks and ignition lock? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Any update yet on this?
I looked for OEM wiring harness and seems from what I found they only made 2 inside harnesses. Coupe and convertible. They only show 2 engine harnesses. V6 and V8. Fuel pumps are the same, transmissions are the same. The rear ends have different part numbers. So seems like I should be able to drop the k members and and swap the driveline, ecu's, and locks.

Registered
There鈥檚 a guy on s197forum that swapped a track pack cluster into his 14 gt. He needed his cluster for pats but could swap out the clusters after it was running and it would work. I believe there is pats info in the cluster that needs to match the ecu and that鈥檚 why you need both.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There鈥檚 a guy on s197forum that swapped a track pack cluster into his 14 gt. He needed his cluster for pats but could swap out the clusters after it was running and it would work. I believe there is pats info in the cluster that needs to match the ecu and that鈥檚 why you need both.
Thanks for the heads up. After I get it all finished I'll post anything I run into that's not standard.

Registered
Does the V6 also have an 8.8 rear with traction lok? If not, may want to swap that out of the 5.0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts