Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new alum. flywheel, i'm wondering if that's going to be a ***** to install ? i did it once with the engine out that was easy but what about with the engine in the car?

thanks

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The hardest part will be getting the tranny out. Hopefully your still running shorties....long tubes complicate things. Other than that, it's no big deal. BTW, why the switch?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Much easier out of the car but still not to bad motor installed. Get the car high enough to allow the trans to be unbolted and slid out under the car. a friend helps too.... A LOT. Make sure you have a clutch alignment tool and drain your tranny fluid before you start (it will come out on your chest via the Driveshaft hole if you don't.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why

Well i'm getting $180 back for a warranty on my old zoom clutch. so i'm like i'll buy an aluminum flywheel, i don't why i thought of even getting one, but a new steel is a hundred aluminum $300, so lets try it out. so i got a spec stage two cluth, and the spec aluminum flywheel.

JON

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.