Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my car doesn't suck, but I just had a new Bassani X-pipe and Dynomax UltraFlow catback installed and when I give it pedal I hear a kind of sucking or rushing sound. Is this normal or is something disconnected, like my smogs?
I'm probably bringing it back to the shop tomorrow but I don't want to go there for nothing if that's normal with these pipes.
I love the sound of the combo otherwise, sounds almost stock at idle, but way deeper, and gets loud when you hammer it... but is still bearable (no drone) on the highway or when cruising in 3rd around town.
The sound is almost a whine, I was wondering if its the bassani cats or if there's a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Im not too sure what the sound you describe is, but I had a leak at one point and it sounded like a loud raspy air escaping sound, if that made any sense...:) Make sure theres no leaks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's it. I'm going back to the shop tomorrow to see what needs tightening up.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
shouda got dr. gas :rolleyes:

my hpipe leaks at the header...when i get home in a week i cn aget it up a lift to tighen...it sounds like a whooshy ticking sound...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts