Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 99 Mustang GT engine has 82k miles on it and I was thnking about swapping out for a newer engine. Should I just replace with a regular GT engine? or do something more dramatic. I don't think I'll have enough to do a big fancy built motor. And I don't have the necessay tools/experience to swap the engine myself, so I'd probably have to pay for install.

I don't know what to do :( Would it be logical to just rebuild my current engine?

Also I don't think their is anyone in my area that could tune a car..but I'm not sure..

Suggestions, advice?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
PacificGt said:
Why would you want to replace your engine?
I'm kinda weird in the head.

But to me it seems like it has too many miles for the year it is.
I want to mod it with bolt'ons and stuff. But want it to last as long as it can and still put out performance. I'm just picky and don't like to see high mileage. :eek:

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
With these mod motors 82k isn't bad if you have taken car of her. I can forsee my 4.6 lasting easily 200k and i work her hard sometimes but am good with my oil changes and maintance. It just seems like a huge waste of cash unless you are tossing a stroker or bad ass crate motor in there or something.

John

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have 50k on my 99 GT. But when I was looking to buy one i found one with 112k miles for sale! I think as long as u take car of it and are/know the original owners u are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts