Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, its not with the intake and cams yet, so settle down!!! :D

Anyways, just let me say that if you own a JMS chip, and you have any problems with your dipswitch, then get it replaced as soon as you can. My issue, was that the solder broke that held the black wire to the back of the dipswitch. Well, we got it soldered back into place, but there was a small piece of metal attached to the old solder, almost like it could have came from the inner circuit board or something. So, after I got a new dipswitch, we snipped the old switch off, and wired the new one in. Dyno results were in favor of the new switch. I dyno'ed the previous #'s (246.5 RWHP and 283.9 RWTQ) when the black wire wasn't connected to the back of the dipswitch. I thought the gains were decent, you??? :D

I would show them to you with the DynoJet Runviewer, but I can't get it to load up the runs!!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,
Thanks man. Yeah, the car is coming around..... slowly but surely. I still wish I could afford to have the heads worked!! :D Anyways, all I'm really waiting on now is the ModMax valve spring kit, and its ready to go, as all of the parts are here now!! BTW... keep me posted on your ride. I'm anxious to hear about your ET's and MPH. :evil:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just installed a JMS chip and I have not had a chance to dyno yet.
What kind of numbers did you see from before and now?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Playdough said:
Brandon,
Glad to see your numbers come around. BTW what did the A/F look like?
Thanks Keygan. Well, the A/F wound up being a little better this time. I'll give you a run down of what the A/F looked like for all 6 runs that I got for $100. Not too bad, huh?? :D BTW... tip in seems to always be quite lean. Here goes...

Air/Fuel Ratio
RPM
3,000.............................15.3 - 15.8:1
3,500.............................13.2 - 13.7:1
4,000.............................13.0 - 13.4:1
4,500.............................12.8 - 13.2:1
5,000.............................12.6 - 13.0:1
5,500.............................12.3 - 12.8:1
6,000.............................12.3 - 12.8:1

Here's what the horsepower and torque looked like

RPM HP TQ

This car breathes really well up top. Its pretty cool. What do you guys think about the A/F and the power curves????

sliver35th... Depending on your car, you might see 5 RWHP and 5 RWTQ from a JMS chip. But every car is different.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Playdough said:
Everything to me looks about right. But with out seeing the graph lines it self I can't really tell. Are the graphs nice and flat with no dips and spikes?
Yeah, everything is nice and smooth. Its amazing how close each program is together on the graph. All of the curves are right there together. The only spikes, would be the ones that occur after 6K RPM, where Darren let off of the gas.

After the cams and intake, it looks like my car will be able to rev to 6,500 RPM's, if not more, because the power is still healthy after 6K RPM's. I mean, my power at 4,600 RPM and 6,200 RPM are just about the same. And at 4,600 RPM, this is where the car is approaching its maximum RWHP. Obviously, it is falling off after 6K RPM, but its not drastic. I'm sure I may be looking at revving to out to 6,400 - 6,800 RPM after the parts are in!!! :joy: Not too bad for a stock-headed SOHC, if you ask me!!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts