Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Aluminum forgings vs cast iron I guess? A lot have been saying the Blueprint / edelbrock/ brodix sbc blocks where the same for a while. I assume its like edelbrock in they only dealt with aluminum and farmed out the iron stuff? As far as I know edelbrock was one of if not the last aluminum foundries built in the us and that was what 30 plus years ago? So the backlogs on US castings may not change for a very long time.
That is a good possibility. I heard another snippet today......it may well be that REB is looking for a buyer.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Here is my personal experience with supply chain. In Jan of 2020 I ordered custom pistons from JE. Had them in 7 weeks. Ordered Cometic head gaskets from Summit, had them in 4 days.
Fast forward to March 2021, tried to order custom pistons from JE. Could not get anyone to answer the phone for 4 weeks.
Ordered from Diamond, in April this year.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................still waiting.
My experience is that everything went to **** after May of 2020. I have ordered thousands of dollars of parts since 2016 with no issues. Now I can not give my money away. Nobody wants to work for it.
JE and Diamond are owned by the same company.

I have an advantage at JE. "My" sales guy worked for me for about 15 years.

·
Old timer
6,276 Posts
it is that simple.

You can post what you want, but you are not immune to a response when you post stupid stuff. Don’t be butt hurt that everybody doesn’t believe your sheep fodder.

Go post your political garbage in the politics forum. You all are ruining this technical forum.

·
Old timer
6,276 Posts
Now Edelbrock, on the other hand.....I've been waiting for manifolds since February....and they own their own casting plant. AFR has to switch (AFR just got bought too) because Edelbrock can't deliver.....which backs everything up at Buddy Bar.

I don't think Covid has much to do with it.
I was told by a very good source, after the purge of the experienced engineering staff at Edelbrock, the failure rate was about 80% for what was sent out to customers.

Proving once again, KKKalifornia is full of unskilled, but cheap labor.

·
Registered
974 Posts
From discoveries in the field of quantum physics, matter is composed of almost completely empty space, and manifests as wave energy but becomes particulate in nature when observed. This peculiar property leads leading edge physicists to speculate that some form of consciousness is required to explain this behavior. For some folks I have no good explanation for the apparent lack of consciousness except as relates to vast areas of empty space.

Jay

·
Registered
25,594 Posts
there is no space that is empty, just a lack of discovery of what is composed of.

in other words, no F$%%in clue….. OR the classic ‘it is what it is’

·
Registered
25,594 Posts
maybe

·
Old timer
6,276 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
From discoveries in the field of quantum physics, matter is composed of almost completely empty space, and manifests as wave energy but becomes particulate in nature when observed. This peculiar property leads leading edge physicists to speculate that some form of consciousness is required to explain this behavior. For some folks I have no good explanation for the apparent lack of consciousness except as relates to vast areas of empty space.

Jay
Funny, I read the first half of that thinking, "what the #### is that about", and then I got it in the last sentence.

The left really does have an immunity to facts. They completely ignore that the flu goes right through all masks, most breath goes around the masks, the vaccine doesn't stop the spread of the flu, the vaccine was made for the original Covid 19, has no effect on the new variant, there is no vaccine in development now for the current variant, paying people to not work destroys businesses(no workforce), the lack of labor reduces supplies of products, and that all raises prices for all products and services.

Those are facts, but here are their current proposals;

Now let's have a tax increase that steals $3 trillion dollars more than what was being taken before. Clearly the income earners(the only people who pay taxes), they have plenty of extra money. So pull more money(steal) out of the economy(money that would increase productivity if not stolen from them), and let's spend it on more welfare spendulous bills(more of the green new deal). I think we need a global government agency also(UN), and a world tax to pay them to spend money too.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
“I love the poorly educated” - DJT

He was correct as this thread proves that the poorly educated are easily manipulated sheep. So confident in their disinformation that they have to poison every technical thread on this site.

hahaha

·
Registered
25,594 Posts
THE CCP are COMING!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I was told by a very good source, after the purge of the experienced engineering staff at Edelbrock, the failure rate was about 80% for what was sent out to customers.

Proving once again, KKKalifornia is full of unskilled, but cheap labor.
I think I got lucky on one that was delivered after a back order last December. I think I better hang on to that one The CC cam core is doing good also, married with the solid Morels. Overall I am not so sure I would dare change a thing. But anything coming out of the left coast doesn't look to promising to my future.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
“I love the poorly educated” - DJT

He was correct as this thread proves that the poorly educated are easily manipulated sheep. So confident in their disinformation that they have to poison every technical thread on this site.

hahaha
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...

Here's your sign.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts