Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
It absolutely blows my mind that this deep into such an obviously nefarious agenda, there are still those with such an overwhelming case of cognitive dissonance that they still can't see what's going on. Frightening, fascinating, not to mention discouraging. I would suggest that it should be obvious if there was a serious medical emergency, wouldn't everyone be pulling together for the common good instead of fighting among each other? Crazy days indeed!

I apologize to Jim for continuing the off topic content. This really isn't the right place for it, whatcha gunna do?

Edit: I'm wondering if you've (Strokeme) been able to stay busy building engines with the shortage of blocks?

Jay

·
Registered
438 Posts
it is that simple.

You can post what you want, but you are not immune to a response when you post stupid stuff. Don’t be butt hurt that everybody doesn’t believe your sheep fodder.

Go post your political garbage in the politics forum. You all are ruining this technical forum.

with all due respect, you are not smart....

·
Registered
982 Posts
with all due respect, you are not smart....
Ironic how appropriate the screen name (at least the "sleeper" part). Respect is earned not blindly given, none due here. Mark, OTOH, has certainly earned much respect not only for his contributions to the Ford community, but for a good deal of insight on many other subjects. I really don't know whom would be more knowledgeable about the aftermarket supply chain than Mark, certainly not some clueless dolt talking pure BS that likely has no idea whom Mark even is.

Jay

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
it is that simple.

You can post what you want, but you are not immune to a response when you post stupid stuff. Don’t be butt hurt that everybody doesn’t believe your sheep fodder.

Go post your political garbage in the politics forum. You all are ruining this technical forum.
We were talking about the supply chain, Turbo.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Wiseco has their own forging plant...and they make a beautiful part.

In my experience they can't make enough of them to make them viable, but the ones they do manage to get out are really pretty.

The Feds dropping the extra unemployment payments seems to be having a immediate effect.
Aluminum forgings vs cast iron I guess? A lot have been saying the Blueprint / edelbrock/ brodix sbc blocks where the same for a while. I assume its like edelbrock in they only dealt with aluminum and farmed out the iron stuff? As far as I know edelbrock was one of if not the last aluminum foundries built in the us and that was what 30 plus years ago? So the backlogs on US castings may not change for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Here is my personal experience with supply chain. In Jan of 2020 I ordered custom pistons from JE. Had them in 7 weeks. Ordered Cometic head gaskets from Summit, had them in 4 days.
Fast forward to March 2021, tried to order custom pistons from JE. Could not get anyone to answer the phone for 4 weeks.
Ordered from Diamond, in April this year.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................still waiting.
My experience is that everything went to **** after May of 2020. I have ordered thousands of dollars of parts since 2016 with no issues. Now I can not give my money away. Nobody wants to work for it.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Aluminum forgings vs cast iron I guess? A lot have been saying the Blueprint / edelbrock/ brodix sbc blocks where the same for a while. I assume its like edelbrock in they only dealt with aluminum and farmed out the iron stuff? As far as I know edelbrock was one of if not the last aluminum foundries built in the us and that was what 30 plus years ago? So the backlogs on US castings may not change for a very long time.
That is a good possibility. I heard another snippet today......it may well be that REB is looking for a buyer.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Here is my personal experience with supply chain. In Jan of 2020 I ordered custom pistons from JE. Had them in 7 weeks. Ordered Cometic head gaskets from Summit, had them in 4 days.
Fast forward to March 2021, tried to order custom pistons from JE. Could not get anyone to answer the phone for 4 weeks.
Ordered from Diamond, in April this year.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................still waiting.
My experience is that everything went to **** after May of 2020. I have ordered thousands of dollars of parts since 2016 with no issues. Now I can not give my money away. Nobody wants to work for it.
JE and Diamond are owned by the same company.

I have an advantage at JE. "My" sales guy worked for me for about 15 years.

·
Registered
982 Posts
From discoveries in the field of quantum physics, matter is composed of almost completely empty space, and manifests as wave energy but becomes particulate in nature when observed. This peculiar property leads leading edge physicists to speculate that some form of consciousness is required to explain this behavior. For some folks I have no good explanation for the apparent lack of consciousness except as relates to vast areas of empty space.

Jay

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was told by a very good source, after the purge of the experienced engineering staff at Edelbrock, the failure rate was about 80% for what was sent out to customers.

Proving once again, KKKalifornia is full of unskilled, but cheap labor.
I think I got lucky on one that was delivered after a back order last December. I think I better hang on to that one The CC cam core is doing good also, married with the solid Morels. Overall I am not so sure I would dare change a thing. But anything coming out of the left coast doesn't look to promising to my future.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ha
I will add that Dart did make one significant change. The 3 oil galley plugs under the timing cover and in the bell housing are now machined for oring plugs that dart supplies 🤣🤣🤣👌
Have you done any machining on the cylinders of the new block yet to get a feel for the hardness of the material?

Jay

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wow did this accidentally go back on topic?

Next week, I will be machining 2 of them for shortblocks
Finish up with vitrified stones? I'm still hearing some naysayers hating on diamond finishing.

·
Vendor
12,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
wow did this accidentally go back on topic?

Finish up with vitrified stones? I'm still hearing some naysayers hating on diamond finishing.
Ya, Im a stone guy. Customers going 4.60s aint gonna go any faster with diamonds. After 20 years on a cv616 hone and stones, im not changing my process. Nothing against diamonds, it just wouldnt pay off for me and my volume for a long time, im in a zero overhead mindset.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts