·
Registered
383 Posts
good news!

·
Vendor
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok just unloaded them 10 mins ago. Here are a few pictures of the new shp 9.5. Some obvious changes, but there is quite alot of changes. Yes these have billet caps which they were not supposed to have. Dont know if that will continue. Yes they are made in the usa at the dalton foundry based on the casting mark. I will update with more in depth.

Shoe White Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle part

Bicycle part Auto part Wood Nut Rim

Engineering Auto part Technology Machine Metal

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
you're not a fan of billet caps?
I’m sure he is, but word on the street was the shp would have nodular iron caps from now on

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
Vendor
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the time being, they will have billet as the foundry does not have the nodular caps ready. But they will be changed over to nodular in the future, with no warning.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
I only got 5, and I need another 50. These 5 are from guys who ordered in december
In your Professional opinion, what is a realistic HP limit for a new Dart SHP in 8.2" deck configuration? How much are you giving up compared to a Iron Eagle block?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
December sounds about right. We ordered some custom pistons in July and the forgings won't be available until October. Cometic is 3 months out. etc. etc. Good times.

·
Vendor
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
December sounds about right. We ordered some custom pistons in July and the forgings won't be available until October. Cometic is 3 months out. etc. etc. Good times.
Pistons havent been an issue for me, i got a wall of pistons and cranks. I got about 15 blocks between world and dart now. I use fel pro which hasnt seen a single hiccup at all. Rod bearings were sketchy but thats back. Heads are slow, intakes are comical. All in all, with no overhead and paid off machines, I been really good.

·
Vendor
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In your Professional opinion, what is a realistic HP limit for a new Dart SHP in 8.2" deck configuration? How much are you giving up compared to a Iron Eagle block?
Thats really hard to estimate. Grey iron block and nodular caps is.going to bring down the capability pretty good I think. I think dart is going to come in light again. Maybe like 800 on the 9.5 shp but we know thats light for sure. I suppose it also depends how you get there. I would estimate that 95% of my customers were never close to actually exceeding the capacity of the old shp, so I don't expect much different. If anyone is thinking about being in the teens, low or high, you get the iron eagle.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thats really hard to estimate. Grey iron block and nodular caps is.going to bring down the capability pretty good I think. I think dart is going to come in light again. Maybe like 800 on the 9.5 shp but we know thats light for sure. I suppose it also depends how you get there. I would estimate that 95% of my customers were never close to actually exceeding the capacity of the old shp, so I don't expect much different. If anyone is thinking about being in the teens, low or high, you get the iron eagle.
What was the purpose of them putting the nodular caps and lowering the limit of the shp? If people were seeing great results before and the block was taking all that power I figure that would be good for business! Seems like they are working backwards.

·
Vendor
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What was the purpose of them putting the nodular caps and lowering the limit of the shp? If people were seeing great results before and the block was taking all that power I figure that would be good for business! Seems like they are working backwards.
Because you had 3 different blocks. We stopped buying the sportsman block because it was useless to spend the extra money over the shp. The shp was overkill when manufactured, it was nearly identical to the sportsman. Thus the sportsman has been discontinued. So now you have seperation between the shp and iron eagle.

Same as a car. If you had the lx and gt but the only difference was the lx had different seats, the majority would not buy the gt. There was not enough market separation.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts