Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kay so i picked up a set of Windsor Jr. heads and a edelbrock performer intake. I would like to see 300 rwhp out of this setup. I am gonna port these heads pretty good and port the intake some too. The car is a T5 and i will also have long tubes, msd, a/c delete, smog delete, a 125 wet shot(like to break 400 on the bottle) and probably weld wheels all the way around. Does anybody know what a good cam would be for this setup, other than custom grind. I am looking to do a budget build setup.

Is this posibable or should i get a better intake?

What cam should i use?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2006 Ford Mustang GT
2,880 Posts
The Eddy Performer is a good intake. There are better heads than the Windsor Jr but they'll get the job done and 300rwhp is a realistic target. I'd suggest the CompCams XE270HR-14 cam if you still have 1.6 ratio rockers. Just make sure that the valve springs are rated for at least 0.550" of valve lift.

·
Registered
634 Posts
plenty of ots cams u can use
...since u didnt mention cc of the head, compression, gear, goals, budget, piston in use...i assume you are just throwing some stuff together, those are the things i think of when looking for the "perfect cam"

oh and 400rw with a h/c/i mustang with spray is no biggie, you can do it !

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plenty of ots cams u can use
...since u didnt mention cc of the head, compression, gear, goals, budget, piston in use...i assume you are just throwing some stuff together, those are the things i think of when looking for the "perfect cam"

oh and 400rw with a h/c/i mustang with spray is no biggie, you can do it !
The heads are 58cc Chamber and i have Probe SRS pistons so my compression ratio will be 9.54. And 3.73 rear gears, i would like to spend less than 200 might try and pick one up off here...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
my roommate runs the following setup

stock 302 shortblock
t5 world class
unported windsor jr irons
unported systemax intake
comp nx cam from summit .577/.577(they sell 3 diff ones)
c&l 76mm maf
70mm tb
msd ignition
upper and lowers
subframes(short weld in's)
king cobra clutch
373 gears
pro stars w/ hoosier slicks. skinnies up front
a9P ecu, car always nos backfires with the a9L. without the spray, you cant tell the difference....

+125 shot.

consistent 11.0x's and has dipped into the high 10.90's at 125ish in cool air. full weight/interior 88gt. never been on a dyno either for tuning.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly my setup and what I am wanting to do as far as times, my car is a 94GT, I think .577 lift is a little to much for a 94 computer but I would love those kind of times so I might give it a try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts