Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a new clutch and am looking at ones for around $200 - $250 i am looking at the spec stage 1 or the king cobra. which one do u recomend. i will have about 250 rwhp but would like a clutch that is ready for future mods.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I just finished installing a spec stage 1 - Iam not planning on getting over 400hp, by the time I am done. I am very happy with it - I am about half way through the break in period. The first day I drove it there was a slight amount of chatter, but since then it is doing great. It comes with a Timken bearing. It looks like it is made of plastic but is some type of composite material. I called Spec and talked to them about it - a lot of guys here will trash it - if you prefer a all steel t/o bearing they will swap them out. Since I only put it in, all I can tell you is it works great so far.

Howard

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The only clutch I will run in a 5-Speed car is a Spec. After running them I couldnt use anything different. Top Notch stuff.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
well if you decide to go with the king cobra i am running a deal on these kits right now fo rthe low price of 139.95 let me know if i can help you

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I've gone through 2 of the frpp heavy duty clutches, (same as king cobra but heavier pedal) It isn't a bad pedal, however, it doesn't compare to my bros spec stage 1.

He did have some initial problems in his spec, they love chatter, and it took quite a long time for it to not chatter as much. He said he would go straight to a stage 2 next time, that is what I'll likely get when I need one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts