Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on getting a Spec stage II clutch for my 98 gt. How is the UPR triple quadrant and firewall adjuster? would you get there clutch wire also? or should i even replace it? should i get the adjuster and quadrant at the same time as the clutch? or should i even be thinking of getting it?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm doing the same setup...my clutch just came yesterday, and my upr adjuster and quadrant are here too. I won't be putting them in for another month or so, but I'll let you know how it goes when I get to it. I'm told that this is an excellent combination. The adjuster not only allows you to 'customize' the catch point on your clutch, but it also saves the throw out bearing in the long run. I think the main benefit to the quadrant is the strength. I hope this helps some. Oh, by the way, that stage 2 has a nice break in period of 500 miles! The note included with the clutch is to drive 500 miles of stop and go traffic before a full throttle run. That is going to be SOOO hard for me! I don't drive my car a lot...500 miles of stop and go will take some time!

Good luck,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts