Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jose came by and we got this thing on. Dont have any REALLY good pics, since it was dark and lighting was bad. Only a couple of minor probs:

1. Had to use a 4ga cable (which I bought from them) since the alt is 160A.
2. Was too long, so had to adjust a little.
3. Chrome Pulley on alternator is smaller...Made my belt seem to big, and belt started riding off. I kept my other chrome alt pulley, and I dont have an impact gun, but my air wrench provides 50lbs tq, which was enough to break the the bolt loose. Swapped pulleys, and it seems to work now.

Just started the car a bit for about 10 minutes and drove it down the street.

These are the best pics I could get now, and believe me they dont do this alternator justice (ask Jose) If you look closely at the second pic, you can see the reflection of the SP wires in the alternator. That silvery piece (vent) is what is usually black on the stock ones. Jose and I thought it might be cool to paint that part red.!!
Thanks
RC

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess nobody likes my alternator. :(
RC

·
Registered
160 Posts
Did you purchase like this, or did someone polish this for you? Who makes that; PA-Performance?

Looks good.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From Ebay...Seller is Alterstart

it comes chrome, 160A for $199

RC

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can you send me some pictures of how you had to wire this up? Send them to [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Conv89GT said:
Can you send me some pictures of how you had to wire this up? Send them to [email protected]

Thanks
Really no pics for this. Just separate the 2 plastic connector wires from the power cable by splitting the wire loom with a razor and removing the 2 skinny wires (reuse those). Disconnect the power cable from the the fuse box. Attach a 4ga wire to the fuse box, and "mate" the 2 skinny wires back with the power cable and connect.

RC

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave95GT said:
Stock for ours is 130A

BIG JAY:

Your offer is good. For those who dont want to spend the $$ on an upgraded chome one, you can get an old hacker from an online junk store or a junk yard for $25-$30. (if you dont want to send your to him)

Let him polish the case and chrome the pulley then swap your case when you receive it, then turn around and sell your case to someone who wants to do the same thing.

$100 for both is a great deal, but lemme tell you, the shine on this chromer is :joy:

I will post pics when I have the engine cleaned a bit.
RC

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of it on the car.. Took some time to get the right belt to fit.
EDIT: Didnt work..Ill try again later

RC

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Let's try again...on the car!
RC

:mad: :mad: :mad: Dont know why it's not coming out now!!!!
RC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts