Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got a 1994 GT, and everything runs/works fine. But I've noticed that at 2,000 - 3,000 RPM it sometimes hesitates almost shuttering, and it idles at 550-600 RPM. I was hopiNg that it was a simple fix like a Tune-Up, But then I also noticed that when the car warms up there is a slight hissing/whinning sound coming from aroung the intake area, and when I press in the clutch it goes away (Strange I know).

I think maybe it's the Fuel Injectors, if I'm right about the Fuel Injectors could this also be the cause of the hesitation I describe above? Also I use to have a 1990 5.0 and I'm not use to my car idling so low, Is this normal?

Thanks for your help, Darius:(

Edit: I put this over here because the guys in the 94/95 aren't helping me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
up,up,up

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:mad: :mad: You guys are PATHETIC you can't even try to help?

What is the use of this "Technical" forum if you don't even respond, or even attempt to help:rolleyes:

Everyone except :89gete ;) thanks for you suggestion I will try that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't get upset if people don't respond - I've posted many things that get 0 replies, but 25 views. I would do a tune-up on the car and look at every vacuum line and connection. You may want to pull codes. Good luck!!;)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
dood, you only gave 4 hours time between your posts....remember that alot of people are AT WORK and can't post

calm down, or you won't get any help from anyone

that said, i second what 89gete said

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry guys, Anyway I tried the ol' Carb Cleaner and it worked wonders.

But today while driving I got on it pretty hard, and when I went back to normal driving ( stop and go) the stutter, and hesitation returned, along with a stall in neutral.:confused:

So I parked the car at home, used some more carb cleaner and gave it a test drive. (still there):mad:

Went back home, opened the hood, and disconected the battery.
Hopefully the computer will reset itself. Whe I get home from work, I'll go buy some fuel injector cleaner, fill the tank up with gas, and maybe use a little more carb cleaner in there.

Since I bought from a dealer I really don't know how this car was taken care of, such as tune-up's.

But like I said before yesterday after using the carb cleaner it worked just fine, but today same problem.

So I hope that it just needs a little more cleaning.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:confused: !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts