Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got a 1994 GT, and everything runs/works fine. But I've noticed that at 2,000 - 3,000 RPM it sometimes hesitates almost shuttering, and it idles at 550-600 RPM. I was hopiNg that it was a simple fix like a Tune-Up, But then I also noticed that when the car warms up there is a slight hissing/whinning sound coming from aroung the intake area, and when I press in the clutch it goes away (Strange I know).

I think maybe it's the Fuel Injectors, if I'm right about the Fuel Injectors could this also be the cause of the hesitation I describe above? Also I use to have a 1990 5.0 and I'm not use to my car idling so low, Is this normal?

Thanks for your help, Darius:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why aren't you guys helping me? This can't be a problem that hasn't happened before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't offer too much help, but will try. My car, and several others on this board, have the same noise that goes away when depressing the clutch. I believe that it's your throw-out bearing (am I right here guys?), and you have to pull the tranny to replace it, so most just live with it.
My car idles at about the same point as yours. My 89 idled a bit higher too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the noise is the throw-out bearing. it is annoying but probably not worth the $$ to replace it.(labor)

check for vacuum leaks. Take some carb cleaner and spray around the intake and intake tract. It the rpms go up there is a leak. fix it.

the 3k thing. do a tune up. inspect plugs+wires+cap+rotor etc.

-Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BKNDSADL said:
I can't offer too much help, but will try. My car, and several others on this board, have the same noise that goes away when depressing the clutch. I believe that it's your throw-out bearing (am I right here guys?), and you have to pull the tranny to replace it, so most just live with it.
My car idles at about the same point as yours. My 89 idled a bit higher too.
If it's a throwout bearing, wouldn't the sound be coming from under the car near the transmission instead of in the engine compartment?

I'll try to pin-point the noise when I get off work but I'm pretty sure it's under the hood.( but hey I could be wrong) and like I said the sound is quiet, and I can barely hear it. And for some reasong it only happens when the car is warmed up.

I hope this extra info helps

·
Registered
452 Posts
dariusman18 said:
Why aren't you guys helping me? This can't be a problem that hasn't happened before.
You might want to give ppl a little more then 30 minutes to respond.

I would first look for vacuum leaks as suggested, the carb cleaner method works great. I would then replace the fuel pump and perform a tune-up, expecially if it has been a while.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might want to give ppl a little more then 30 minutes to respond
Sorry guys I didn't mean to jump down your throats. I'm just a little fustrated with this problem, and I took it out on you.

Sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts