Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying the ford motorsport f303 cam. Anyone know some tech data on it? Max. rpm, torque and horsie peaks?
thnx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD

I too was looking into an F cam but I was told by a reputable shop owner here in town ( runs renegade ) he said that its power band would be 3500-6400 with the right intake and heads. He also said that the 3.55's, which I also have, would need to be pulled and at least 3.73's, 4.10's were prefered for N/A- because of the lost low end torque you will lose. That cam was thrown on the shelf like 1993,94 and it was designed for the Bottle or a Blower. It would by far be a bad choice to put in a N/A car with a mild set of heads and intake, 3.55's, etc. He said that this cam would need quite a bit of gear to be happy as a street car. There are too many other grinds that are designed for your setup, comp, lunati, etc besides a lot has changed in enginering in 9-10 yrs.. Don't be fooled by the lift specs and think that it is a better cam than lets say the E303. I have a friend that has an E303, 4.10's, full lengths, tfs TW heads, gt40 intake, 65mm tb, 73mm MAF, stock suspension and has ran 12.58 @108 on 26x10's N/A and 11.40 @119 on 125 shot of ZEX long neck.
Check around, I did and you'll probably get similar answers, unless you talk to notebook HP junkies. PULLIES AND AN AIRFILTER OH YES IT HAS 260 hp now. hehe GOOD LUCK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts