Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out tonight to get some last runs in before I move back to Mobile this Sunday, turned out to be a pretty good night. The track was hooking well, 60' times never went above 1.83, with the best being 1.78. Anyway, here's a rundown of my new best:

R/T - .903
60' - 1.79
330 - 5.27
1/8 - 8.22
MPH - 83.57
1000 - 10.74
1/4 - 12.87
MPH - 105.63

So I think I can be pretty satisfied with the weaknut 3.73s now, hopefully next time out the car will have 4.56s and slicks.

On a side note, the car went 13.04 with the top down on the first pass out. Neato. :D

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Not bad at all, Mike!! What tires are you running again?? Also, what else do you have done besides the 3.73's?? I still think you should ponder the 4.30's or even 4.56's!!! :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm running 15" BFG drag radials, they were at about 14 psi with a 6k rpm launch.

List of mods:
MAC O/R H pipe
Borla catback
Densecharger MAF to filter kit
'99 GT axle with 3.73s
Tokico Illuminas

Also had the swaybar out and the spare and jack out, but other than that it was at full weight.

Brandon, I've had 4.56s in my apartment for over a month now. I'm graduating in about 3.5 hours ( :D ), and moving to Mobile tomorrow...hopefully I'll be able to install them sometime before I start work on June 3rd. Then I'm coming back with slicks.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Cobra99 said:
Brandon, I've had 4.56s in my apartment for over a month now. I'm graduating in about 3.5 hours ( :D ), and moving to Mobile tomorrow...hopefully I'll be able to install them sometime before I start work on June 3rd. Then I'm coming back with slicks.
Sounds like a plan, man!! Congrats on gradjeeyating, and good luck with work!! I'm sure those 4.56's will be fun here in a month or so! :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cobra99 :

Are you still running stock axles ?? Do you have any runs on street tires with the same mods?? If so what were your times and mph?

Thanks, Jason.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good times. I've always wanted to run with the top down, but they never let me. :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do still have the stock axles, for now...when the 4.56s go in, 31 spline Mosers will accompany them. Running on street tires netted me a 13.33 at 105.6, which was also with the stock paper filter before I had the Densecharger.

Charles, Montgomery rarely seems to mind about damn near anything most of the time. Where/when do you race? I just moved back to Mobile today (Sunday), so I need to get in touch with the car scene around here. I'll be leaving town for a week tomorrow, but I'll PM you when I get back the week of the 20th.

Oh, and is Gulfport and/or Hattiesburg gonna kick me out for not having a rollbar? :eek:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice time Mike! Congratulations on graduating! :) Are you going to the Mod race?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gulfport usually has real tech but won't say anything till ya hit 11's even in the vert. Hattiesburg wants you to have a helmet but they usually make you put the top up. Ive gone mid 11's there and no problems without a cage. My supercharger is broken now but most of us goto Mobile D/W on Tuesday nights for test and tune. This friday is the big bikini [email protected] the big dog shootout. :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
:D Wow! Very impressive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts