Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get over here as much as I used to but I just changed my cam and ported the heads and intake and the car picked up for me right outtta the box....... No dyno time yet but it went

[email protected] then [email protected]

should run a bit faster with some tweeks. I'm pumped..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey, Congrats HRS PLY!!! Mid 10's at over 130 with an AOD is awesome! BTW, what's the rest of your combo, and what cam did you have before, and which one did you change to?

Also, how high are were you reving thru the traps? I actually just ran my best time this weekend too (my first 10 second pass, woo hoo!). I use a Wolverine 1087 in mine, which is kinda 'old school', but I like it, and it seems to keep pulling as high as I want to rev it. My only change from a best of 11.18 @ 128 to my new best of 10.91 @ 130 was switching from 28 x 9 slicks to 26 x 10 slicks. I'm guessing that I picked up from reving the motor higher and it still making more power up there. My stock tach said 6500, but I dont know how right it is. I have an Extender in the car, so I wouldnt be surprised if it was reving over 6200 though.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
459 Posts
HRS PLYI heard about your runs.. Lets just say I'm thru trying to call you out with my KB :D .. Nice runs.. What kind of sixty foots are you getting with the 3.55's.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
lets see..............best was [email protected] but mostly 10.75-80's @127.

Cobra intake 6037 edelbrock heads and 2031 cam.

I cut my cobra in half and ported it............cleaned up the heads and did some exhaust port work then bought a B4 anderson cam. Tim (320man) was a huge help. He helped on the intake and a little on the heads. Thanks Timmy. But it really woke up the slug.............

Now with 3.55 and the new cam and port work it revs much faster..................sounds wicked. I drove it to the track (about 50 miles) and ran it to drive it back home...............no trailer queen here, unless its broke LOL!!!

pulled out some timing and up the fuel pressure. I have been data logging and watching the EGT to get close but I want some dyno time with the wide band to see where I am at. If I can keep it together and get a bit more I think some 40's are possible................

Car weighs around 3250 with me in it. Street car driven to race....................

I'm pumped................ thanks guys

1.63 60 ft jeff.............not my best 1.56 is the best but I did not have my low end timing jacked up............. that was data set 1 not 3 which is what I normally race on.................... :evil:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent Numbers!!

peace

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
HRS PLY,

What size tire do you run, 26's or 28's? Also, what converter in your AOD?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
26's with 3.55's and a 3600 pi stall..................launched it from a idle.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Thanks HRSPLY. One last question, what RPM did you go thru the traps at?

Jim

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6300............... much better then the 6700 @128 with 3.73's......... stock shortblock :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts