Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the track and came back with good news and bad news. The good is the car went [email protected] (Race weight around 3,550lbs.) Not bad, but I think it would have went better if the track would hook. the 60' on that pass was a 1.67 and the 1/8 was a [email protected] This pass was made with all seats in the car and the wing on too!! I plan on trying to take some weight out next time.
More good is that the stock t-45 held up another day of beating!!!
The bad is that the clutch is slipping some going into 3rd gear and a little in 4th. It is a SPEC stage 4. I plan on doing something about this when i do a new tranny. Has anyone had any good luck with anything stronger than this clutch? (such as a twin disc set-up or a sintered Iron clutch?) Also, how much more does a twin disc weigh than a single?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
208 Posts
Still think you should go with an Automatic :p Congrats on your new times!!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
DAYUM MAN!!! That's awesome dude, no chit. Was that still w/ the big Saleen wheels on the front? An automatic in a Cobra... naah, it just wouldn't be right. That sucks about the SPEC still giving you problems. I figured those things would stand up to big hp, guess not. Congrats man!

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya i've never really heard of people having trouble w/ the spec's...only that they chatter a bit for the first 500 miles or so...m

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I guess with 620ish hp hitting that thing at probably around 8000 rpms, the SPEC is fighting a pretty tough battle, lol.:joy: That's insane man, lol.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I guess that with 620ish hp hitting it at probably around 8000 rpms, the SPEC is fighting a pretty tough battle, lol.:eek: That's some insane power, lol. I bet that thing pulls like a damn raped ape!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just out of curiousity....

Congrats! Do you drive the car to the track? Also, how long has the T-45 been living behind all that power?!?!?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont drive it to the track, but do drive it a lot on the street. the tranny has a couple of years with a good amount of power to it. The car has 21K miles on it . I'm not sure what I come out at, but I know it is high. It spun the tires pretty hard through first. Actually had to let out and get back in it to keep it off the box. I'm not sure what kind of power it makes. It made 538 before I did the 8 rib swap. But, make a little more boost now(1.5psi) I was on the middle setting on my chip sunday, so I want to try and put some timing in it and play with the RPM's a little and see what it will go.

Steve

·
Registered
527 Posts
:eek: Man alive that has got to be something to see in person - does your car fit into any certain class? If nothing else you have given the rest of us something to shoot for - geez. - B.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I remember right, you were at the dyno a couple the october before last when I dyno'd it and made 467 on the stock motor with 10 psi. It was at turbo tune in g-boro. I plan on going to rockingham on jan. 26 if anybody wants to come watch.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts