Ford Mustang Forums banner

Need your help Please!

813 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BMF03 
#1 · (Edited)
I had the car dyno tuned it made 255hp 250tq through an Auto. (85 Coupe)

1. GT-40 crate motor all the boltons.
2. Lentech aod.
3. 410 rear.
4. Holley blue pump/holley 670 street avenger carb.
5. Full 2-1/2 exhaust ect.

I just put new radiator hoses new 160 t-stat, new water pump, its got (Pullies) 2 core aluminum rad with big electic fan running all the time.

The car runs hot ever since i got it tuned, the gauge goes 3/4 in the normal zone at idle when i let it sit for like 10-15 minutes and about half way when driving. before tune it alomst never left 1/4 on the stock gauge. he had the intel timing at 6 deg i Bumped it up to 8 deg and noticed it ran cooler a little bit, it would just take longer to get hot. the tuner did nothing with the dizzy and or fuel, it was running a bit fat he said to leave it alone. The more timing he took out the more it made power up top. Any ideas ?

Thanks Brian
:salute:

See less See more
#3 ·
The stock gauge isn't exactly accurate. Anything that will cause resistance for power to flow through the sensor to the block will make it read high.

Get a real temp reading and find out what you're really running at. The easiest way is with an infrared thermometer.

Infrared Thermometer 17 bucks.

#6 ·
I thought so to. why does this car make more power with lower timing ? What can i do besides bumping the timing up > ? when at 16 deg will it put me over a total of say 30-35 deg ? maybe i need a better dizzy ? i will check it today when bumping the timig up, confused!

Thanks
Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.