Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my A/C went out a while back on my 2000 GT so I got rid of everything thinking I would never want A/C again. Well, my wife can't stand the car and it is a little warmer than I remembered not having A/C when I was younger. Anyway, I posted a wanted ad here on the Corral and a guy emailed me about having a "Complete A/C system from a 2000 GT" for $100. I bought it and what did I get... a compressor and one friggin line. So much for the complete system. I never took out the evaporator from the dash, so I know I still need the Accumulator/Drier, the condenser, and one other line. What else do I need? I know there is a bracket for the accumulator, but I don't remember how the rest of the A/C lines were held on, or how the condenser mounted. Will I need mounts for the condenser? Once I get all of the parts installed, does the system have to be flushed before it is refilled... or can I just refill it like normal?

Thanks!
Jon

·
Registered
413 Posts
You need to take it to a shop that can vacuum the sytem prior to filling it. I think there are three lines. Compressor to core, core to condenser, and condenser to compressor. Find a firend with a 2000 and look. Actually, almost any 4.6 will work for that.

If you go to Ford and ask they can probably print out a schematic/drawing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the Ford dealership here is pretty incompetant so I will have to wait until I can go to another town. This dealership can only find parts if you give them the part number, even then they still sometimes type the numbers wrong and order the wrong part. I will try to find someone here so I can take a look at their car.

Thanks!
Jon

·
Registered
729 Posts
lol your ford place sounds like mine, never order unless you have the part # from here. Good luck on getting that fixed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts