Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got me 100 shot added to the GT. I don't have DR's or slicks so my only hope was getting traction from the Sumitomo street tires. I couldn't spray in 1st gear since I looked like I was doing a burnout contest so I didn't hit the arming switch until the exact moment I dropped into second gear.
Spraying just from second gear here's what I netted:

60ft: 2.13
1/8: 8.65 @ 86 (lousy ET but good mph)
1/4: 13.12 @ 110

I need something to compare to for you nitrous users. Both with street tires or upgraded. My N/A run last nite was [email protected] (personal best is [email protected]).

Where do I stand on the "you suck" or the "good run" charts? ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just made a few more passes on my 125hp dry NOS 5171 kit the other night. I was running [email protected] on the motor. I turned the spray on and I made a [email protected] pass and a [email protected] pass. That is with the spray coming on at 3000rpm in first gear which is right about the 60' marker(note that I have an auto.) One of these days I'll be able to afford a stall converter and launch on the spray to some NICE 60' times:D

Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
344hp/482tq N2O

DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN madmike, the tq on the spray is insane !!!!!
I've never dynoed mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you guys squeezing in 1'st gear? Even with 4.10's?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Tur*bLu said:
Are you guys squeezing in 1'st gear? Even with 4.10's?
Is there any other way:D And as soon as the 4.56's are in, I'll still be spraying in 1st.:joy:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the looks of those 12 second times, I need some traction bad. My mph is great I think but the time just doesn't add up.

What RPM are you guys shifting at while spraying? Can I shift sooner than normal since the torque is tremendous down lower in the rpm?? Please help on shift points!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I let mine shift itself(auto:D) I'm gonna have to get Randy to tweak my rev limiter and move it up just a hair. The engine revs so fast on the spray that I was actually hitting the limiter for an instant on the two shifts. In other words, mine shifts on it's own at 6k!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts