Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is my idle problem, I never hooked it up when I did my mass air conversion. Now it idles bad and hangs high. How do I hook up the VSS Wire. I know one goes to the computer but where does the other one go? Thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
Fastfed...let me know if hooking up the sensor helps at all...I have a mass converted car...but no cruise control...does this mean I don't have the sensor...can I hook one up?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ishman 306 said:
Fastfed...let me know if hooking up the sensor helps at all...I have a mass converted car...but no cruise control...does this mean I don't have the sensor...can I hook one up?
I will let you know, Does your idle mess up too?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
FWIW, I've never hooked up any wires, other than the actual "mass air meter wires". I've never had an idle problem. I've done the conversion on three different vehicles, all of them mine. I bought the mass air wiring harness, from IS&T. I know the directions said to hook up the VSS, and also tap into the fuel pump relay. I never have, and I've never had a problem. Just a FYI.

BOB

·
Registered
713 Posts
did you look in the corral tech article on the mass air conversion.
if i recall it gives a good rundown on this.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where is the corral instructions? I used stang nets.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
88gt150k said:
http://www.corral.net/tech/

its in the power plant section, under backyard mass air conversion
not sure where this link leads
Thanks. But WTF is wrong with your MPH 102mph?? Something is not tuned right man :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
thats was on my stock block that burned 1 quart of oil a week,
later my friend discovered that i installed 3 rockers wrong, on the gt40 heads. damn i bet my old setup would of ran mid 12s.
bet yeah my dss306 tfs setup should run alot better, but i just cant seem to get my car on the road

·
Registered
354 Posts
I removed the cruise on my 88 coupe and have a permanent high idle. Should I still have the VSS hooked up to the speedo cable? Do cars w/o cruise have a VSS on the cable? Thanks.
Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts