Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to hard wire my V1 radar just above the rearview mirror and run a wire through the A pillar. I need to find a "switched" wire - one that is hot when the car is running, and off when the car is off. Anyone know where the closest one to the A pillar is?

·
Registered
177 Posts
"I actually have the ford service dealer Service CDS the techs use and they lead me to a soldi green wire behind the kicj panel on the driver side. Ths wire is 12v hot in accesory and run and usually powers the windshield wipers and is fused for 30 amps. I have been running 4 nitrous items on a switch panel offf of this , no problems. , no radio noise interferance with this either. Easy to get to as well."

"Its not bundeled with other wires so you should be able to see it right away as there are no other green wires in there. It is very dark green , no stripe, no guessing. It comes out of the I/P fuse box under the dash and goes into that panel. But becuase its not bundeled you wont have to look hard for it. I would say its really right behind the hood release lever going towards the firewall . You wont miss it , trust me!"

This is from a previous post by 96 Tang. Dont know if it is the closest, but it is very easy to get to. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I asked this same question a few months ago. I was told to tap into the big red wire under the steering wheel from the ignition. It was really easy to find and easy to hook up. It works perfectly. It was a pain in the butt to get to until i realized you could take that metal plate off under the steering wheel. Then it was much easier. Good luck!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awsome. I will try both your suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Why not take it off a switched function like the radio off of the fuse block taps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts