Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need tips on subframe connectors...

I'm peparing to have subframe connectors welded in this morning. Any tips, tricks or proper procedures that you can provide? Thanx.........STEVE

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Have the car's weight on its suspension, be sure to clean the undercarriage with a grinder where the welds will be placed. paint the SFC after installation so they do not rust.

·
Registered
57 Posts
what kind did u get? make sure you have the surfaces clean w/ no grease or paint on them. Put a wet rag or towel around the fuel lines. If you have to weld directly to the floor pan pull up the carpet. If you doing this on jackstands make sure the vehicle is supported w/ jacks under the control arms or rhino ramps in the front and jacks under the rear end.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If you know what you are doing there is no need to pull/cover the fuel lines - just be aware of your surroundings under there.

also many times bare steel subframes come with a graphite grease over them - be sure to spray them down with a ton of break cleaner before you weld so the weld sticks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANX

Thanx guys for the replies....I'm the second owner of my GT and its always been a fairly tight car but its like driving a new one now. MAJOR improvement........STEVE

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats man :) I just had my HPM's installed on my convertible this morning, and you're right it is a MAJOR improvement!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fathead, they were always an improvement that got pushed aside for something else.......I wished I would have seen the light earlier:) .........STEVE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts