Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep asking this question but am still not sure.

Sans the cost and personal feelings on whether this would be a PITA for others...I still would like to know.

Here's the deal. I have an 01' Bullitt that has a forged bottom end with a Cobra crank and flywheel. I want to keep the built block and go to 4v. What important info do I need....parts I may be unaware of, things/mods that will have to be done to make things fit.

As far as I know all my accessories will work.....but...will a 4V timing cover bolt up to my block...if not...what do I need to do to make it work?

I know I will need a set of cylinder heads and valve with the cams and all, and valve covers....need the timing chains, the upper and lower intake, all the coolant hoses, harness and ECU...but I prefer just modding my harness and using a chip so I avoid the PATS and routing problems associated with that.

I have a set of 30lb injectors sitting around....I will need the throttle body and new throttle cable for it.

What am I missing? I am aware of the cobrapoweredgt site...it's where I got alot of my part numbers....my biggest question is in the area of the timing cover and chains.

I plan on getting some descent used parts to do this...and yes I will have them inspected to make sure all is well....so what next?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
807 Posts
see if anyone in the DOHC Fourm knows.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts