Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
87-93 LX, most likely GT too.

If you look right in front of the radiator,there is a metal rod that is connected someplace under the radiator and the other end is connected right next to the hood latch.

The rod on my car is bent right around the black plastic headlight panel.

I can't tell if it is suppose to be bent to clear the headlight panel or if the front is pushed in some and bent the rod.

Can you look on your stang and let me know what you see.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Are you talking about the Power Steering cooler line??

If so, i don't beleive it's bent inwards. I can't check on my car though so not sure

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not the power steering line.

There is a metal rod that is connected somewhere under the car and it goes right in front of the radiator and is bolted right next to the hood latch on the front of the car.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
OK I dont see any kind of metal rod on either my 86 or my 89?? On the 86 I see the power steering tube to the drivers side of the hoodlatch and it is contoured left to right in a 'bent' fashion but no rod??
The 89 has manual steering so no lines of any kind??

Look again and I bet its the P/S lines your thinking is something else.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for looking but it is not the powersteering lines that I am looking at. Maybe they didn't start putting this on until 90 or maybe it is LX only. I wish I had a digitial camera.

Thanks again for looking.

Will someone else please look. It is right in the middle of the radiator, in front of it, between the radiator and the headlight panel.

My car is a 90LX.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for looking but it is not the powersteering lines that I am looking at. Maybe they didn't start putting this on until 90 or maybe it is LX only. I wish I had a digitial camera.

Thanks again for looking.

Will someone else please look. It is right in the middle of the radiator, in front of it, between the radiator and the headlight panel.

I just looked again and it is actually infront of the AC condensor (I think that is what it is called) in front of the radiator.

My car is a 90LX.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I just looked at my 93lx, and I didn't see anything like that. Sorry man. there is a cable for the hood latch, no rod or anything..good luck

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to borrow a digitial camera and get back to you guys with a picture.

I am not going crazy, its really there :)

I can not host the picture, is there someone I could email it to that could post it in this thread?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts