Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the stock wheel off cause it was kinda messed up and I chose a Grant wheel. After I took the wheel off theres a plastic peice with wires pluged into it, I took THAT off and now its just the shaft. Does that plastic peice need to be on there for the grant wheel because those wires I just cant seem to unplug off the peice. ANyone? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can i even install one of these wheels on a bag- column?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will be fine, you don't need that plastic piece for the grant to go on. You will have a little gap from the grant and the shaft but that is just how it goes. What I did was take the "plastic piece" and gutted it (no wires and such) so that it didn't abstruct, but rather filled the gap I was talking about.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes bonk5327 you can install a grant wheel on your car. I agree with superswede306 that you don't need that black cake looking thing. I installed a momo jet steering wheel in my '02 Mustang GT and that cake was for the cruise controls. I took that crap off because i don't use it anyway. I don't believe that manual cars should have that. That's for automatics in my 2 cents..... i'll post a pic of my wheel in a bit. good luck on you install! oh, and by the way what wheel did you choose?

·
Registered
44 Posts
here it is if it worked.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i couldn't get it to work :( . if you wan't to see what's your e-mail addy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts