Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the way that it works is when you have power ON to the switch, then it engages the O/D delete solenoid which locks out overdrive. You shut the power OFF to it, it releases the solenoid, and engages overdrive.

For some reason, Mine kinda just does it's own thing as far as going into Overdrive. Sometimes I turn the switch OFF, and it goes into overdrive, and sometimes it won't go into overdrive. I have to put it from the "OD" position to Neutral, let the RPM's come down a couple thousand or so, then put it back into "OD" for it to actually engage Overdrive.

Anyone heard of this before? is this normal? Anything?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
When the OD switch is turned on, OD will not engage. When you turn the switch off, OD will come on and engage.

Im not sure why its not coming on when you turn the switch off. It could be your TV cable. The lentech manual should tell you how to adjust it. I never messed with mine. The shop that installed it for me adjusted everything. You could always call lentech. Everytime I call them, its $1.25 or something like that a minute.

Maybe you have a faulty switch. If its coming on somestimes, and then sometimes it doesnt, the switch may be bad.

What speed are you going when you engage OD? I only use OD when im on the highway going 55mph or faster. My OD will not engage until I hit 40mph or faster.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Call Lentech Monday morning.

Do not touch your TV cable unless they tell you to. Len will tell you your exact problem and how to fix it. Spend the $$$ on long distance and give them a call.

Ian

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to engage O/D at 60-65-70 + MPH. One thing, I don't have a TV cable anymore. Fully Manual valve body because I opted for the transbrake. I'll call him today.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Guys,

Do you need to run a TV cable with the Lentech? I have heard of this on my own, but they never mentioned it to me at all on the phone.

I'm assuming that you only need it if you want to use third gear as "drive", right??

And if anyone out there has a TV cable sitting in their garage they want to get rid of, let me know. My budget it toast so I'm hoping there is one somewhere collecting dust that I can take off your hands... ;)

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlwnCpe said:
Guys,

Do you need to run a TV cable with the Lentech? I have heard of this on my own, but they never mentioned it to me at all on the phone.

I'm assuming that you only need it if you want to use third gear as "drive", right??

And if anyone out there has a TV cable sitting in their garage they want to get rid of, let me know. My budget it toast so I'm hoping there is one somewhere collecting dust that I can take off your hands... ;)
Which model Lentech did you get? I have the strip terminator. If I didn't get a transbrake, then I would need a TV cable. But, with the transbrake, it becomes fully manual shifting, and you can eliminate the TV cable.

Which do you have?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a Street Terminator Plus tranny, so the street terminator valvebody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts