Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 01 cobra that was running fine. all the sudden im loosing power from 4500 and up. It starts to pull makes a sound and dies out again. i tried changing plugs i pulled out my diablo chip same problem. I have a c&l 80mm mass air k&n filter steeda pullies diablo chip H pipe with no cats and car ran fine. This problem just occured and i cant figure it out. Idid a diagnostics check and it comes up left bank leen. I checked the cylinder pressure and the drivers side came up with 200 psi per cylinder and the passanger side came up with 210 on the front cylinder and the other 3 came up with 205 psi. Is this good. I think i either have a bad sensor or clogged injector not sure. Im new to the cobras. If it were just an injector wouldent it com up on the diagnostics test as to what cylinder or no. Ineed some help on where to start to possibly find out what the problem is or how to start eliminating some sensors or senarios. Any help greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts
The MAF is usually my answer, however having one bank lean take this out of play. My car had a small vacum leak where the vent from the valve cover went into the maf -- tb tube. This caused the same thing you were saying.

Check all your vacum lines, etc. Obvioulsy switch your 02's around from left to right to see if they follow (very common issue, easily solved)

Give some feedback after you have tried some of this.

rc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey man thanks. I found the problem it was the crank pulley. I guess when i installed them i torqued the pulley to the steeda specs on the instructions sheet. For some reason it did not press all the way on or something. I retorqued it and now she seems to be running fine. I think the crank pulley must press up against the timming gear and hold it tight and that was my problem. It seems that since the crank pulley was not pressed in all the way that at high rpms it must have been woubling and throwing off the timming to the crank sensor. Im going to see what happens after a week or so to see if that was really the case. Thank god no motor damage. She runs 1230s at 110 in quarter with a solid axle 4:30s, pulleys , 80mm C&L mass air , diablo chip , H-Pipe no cats , and flow masters , on drag radials. Not bad looking to suppercharge in time. Thanks again for the info anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts