Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I know there a bunch load of treads out there on this. But I'm going to start my own. I will post pictures of the car and engine. I bought an 03/04 complete engine with engine harness only. Got all the hoses, intercooler pump. Heat exchanger. All the front accessories. Then I have a complete running and driving 96 Mystic cobra. I'm going return style. So that is cover. My biggest question is wiring. I only got the engine harness off the 03 cobra. I can't get anymore due to someone else buying everything else.

I heard and look at some builds. That people use their 96-98 engine harness. With that said. What are some connectors do I need to extend, add or delete? Also i need the tuner to shut off pats. This is my first mod car. I. Used to sbf pushrod engines. I done couple 351w swaps in fox and sn95 cars. Also if I keep the 96 ecu(which I want to do). Does a Sct livewire shut off pats? Or should I do a SCT chip?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Every review I've seen of livewire hasn't been good. Several people have went back to the xcal after trying livewire. See what your tuner recommends.

You can do a chip or the handheld. Chips aren't as popular anymore because with the handhelds you can just flash the ECU and you're done. Nothing has to stay attached to the ECU. One less failure point.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Livewire I just seen some reveiws and I probably go with a.SCT xcal 3.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You will need to extend the IAC wires and the alt wires. Also you will need to get a new connector for the alt plug. If you are going to use the 96 harness you need to power the intercooler pump. I will be using the power wire from the IMRC plug since its on it's own fuse under the dash. Also you either need to have a 2nd bung welded in the coolant crossover for the 2 temp sensors or put one in the spot where the cap screws in.

Also you need to modify your fuel rails unless you are going complete aftermarket fuel setup. I had to cut the hoses connecting the 2 sides if the tails and replace the hoses with longer ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
SCT TUNERS !!!

Do not use the SCT xcal 3; Use thje SCT xcal 2 or the SCT Livewire !!! Too many people have problems with the SCT xcal3's !!! I have and used both the SCT xcal 2 and Livewire !! With the livewire, you can monitor 6 inputs !!! :joy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts