Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys i'm new to Corral. Anyway last March i bought a 98 5 speed 3.8 Stang, It's bone stock in terms of performance but the guy who had it before me tried to make it look liek a GT. He did a pretty good job.

I want to make this thing not only look like a GT but perform like one as well. I would get a GT except i just don't feel like paying insurance on the damn thing right now. But i'm deff. willing to spend money to upgrade it. I want to put dual exhuast on it, headers, and air intake, but i know thats not gonna really give it a punch. I'll put new gears in it and put a posi rear in it as well. What else should i do to this car?

I want to eventually supercharge it. Just a quick question, what do underdrive pullies do?? I know that might sound like a stupid question but i'm sorta new to this stuff and i'm jsut trying to learn what all this stuff does. Thanks alot, any and all suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the Corral!

UD pullies take power away from accessories and free's it up for extra horsepower. They typically add 10 horsepower. There are 2 for the v6's and 3 for the v8 mustangs.

·
Registered
250 Posts
since you have a 98 mustng you are pushing 150hp and 220tq stock, if you want to run with a 94-98 gt you will need to get 65more hp and 70 more tq, not that easy but its do able if you want, if you want to run with the 99 up gts you will need 90 more hp and 70 more tq. with a supercharger and a few bolt ons you should be able to take out the pre 99 gts pretty easily, well the semi moded ones at least.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanx guys for your replies they were helpful... i went down to Mustang Magic today and put an order in for MAC Dual Exhaust....then i'll put the intake and long tubes on also...then UD Pullies for now....then it's time to save up again... some stupid dude wants to race me in his 3000GT... maybe with that stuff on i'll be able to take him?? it's a 93 non turbo one...i dont know.. we'll see... thanx again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts