Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, got the phone call from the machine shop and my block is a good core for a Stroker build 馃榿 Going 331 with 185cc AFR Renegades. Custom FTI cam. Looking for around 10.5-11.1 compression. Shooting for 400rwhp. If I can make more, even better.

Advice needed.....
Who has the best deals right now on 331 Scat Rotating assembly?
11.1 too high for every now and then 100 shot?
Big Daddy Stage 3 GT40 Tubular ported vs Systemax?

Vendor
Assuming variables

.041 x 4.100 head gasket
-6 flat top
0 deck

You need a 53cc chamber. .006 flat mill per cc so the head needs to be surfaced .030 to reach 53cc

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
With that much off, the heads won't be able to be resurfaced for future use right? And that's to get 11.1?

Vendor
Inline 20 degree heads suck because of that valve angle with regards to surfacing, put the seat close to the deck. You will have to look at your particular set and determine how close it is. If you want less compression than less surfacing.

Registered
Jim, what would a 3.40" stroker kit do for the compression figures?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Dang this sucks..... I was originally looking at the 11r's but they aren't emissions friendly. What's the best way to approach this?

Registered
I'd talk to Ed before I got too hung up on hitting the static C/R number.

I have a 331 with AFR185 Outlaws (previous version to he Renegade) that's ~9.5:1 with an AFM N-61 cam TF R-series intake (non-box). It has dyno'd at 348hp and 352 lb-ft at the wheels. Another point (or so) of compression and custom cam and a SystemMax II should hit your number without much fuss.

Registered
I'd stick with the 331 or consider a short rod 347 (uses 331 piston to retain taller piston height and better ring package).

Also would go Holley SysteMax. Talk to Ed about that, but I'll bet he'd agree...at least that is suggestion he made for my setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts