Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a E303, TW heads, Edelbrock Timing chain/gears and Crane Cam Energizer 1.6 RR's with 3/8 studs (11746-16).

1. For the timing. Do I align it dot to dot?

2. Is this cam install the same as say a stock cam?

3. What lash should be set on the RR's? 1/2 turn, 1/4 turn, 3/4 turn?

What is happening is when I turn the car over it sounds like there is no compression at all. But it did try to turn over a few times. Could this be from the RR's too tight? Or from the cam being way off?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about this as a better question. Could over lashed rockers cause the car to sound like it has no compression?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Yes, dot to dot on the timing chain.
If the rockers are stud mount...which I assume they are since you're using TW heads then it's 1/2-3/4 turn past zero lash at TDC.
So you make sure the rocker you're adjusting that the corresponding lifter is at the bottom of it's travel when turning the motor over by hand, then you hand tighten the nut until the pushrod doesn't move up and down freely (just take the slack out of the pushrod but DON'T bottom out the lifter), then go 1/2-3/4 turn....it's not an exact science so don't worry about it....just don't bottom out the lifter, you want to just make it so the pushrod touches the lifter and rocker.
BUT first I'd double check the timing before you have to tear off the valve covers again. Best of luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts