Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was driving my car to the shop and on the way there the passenger window wouldn't roll up. By the time I got there the driver window wouldn't roll up. I pulled the switch out and replaced it last night and no change. I also checked all the fuses and replaced the power window Curcuit Breaker. 14 20a.

What could it be?

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Moving to the correct forum.

Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech Forum limited to engine related topics.

·
Registered
268 Posts
is the motor shot.. my passanger side went out and alli did was replace the motor and it worked..
both went out at the same time could be weird but then again its the same part and it could just be coinsidence that they both just took a crap about the same time

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AcidAngel_5.0 said:
is the motor shot.. my passanger side went out and alli did was replace the motor and it worked..
both went out at the same time could be weird but then again its the same part and it could just be coinsidence that they both just took a crap about the same time

How do I check them?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
take the motors out of the door. They are held in by a couple of easily accessed bolts. The motors will drop down and come out of the speaker hole. You'll have to clip the power wire.

Ok, now that you have the motor its easy! Just take it up to your battery and directly connect the terminals. If the motor spins freely then its probably "not shot". If it hangs anywhere or has trouble starting its "shot"

I tell ya what...I replaced my driver side motor and it was one of the best non-performance mods I ever did! Before the windows would barely go up and down but not its like BAM! (BAM is a technical term)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TireSmoke said:
take the motors out of the door. They are held in by a couple of easily accessed bolts. The motors will drop down and come out of the speaker hole. You'll have to clip the power wire.

Ok, now that you have the motor its easy! Just take it up to your battery and directly connect the terminals. If the motor spins freely then its probably "not shot". If it hangs anywhere or has trouble starting its "shot"

I tell ya what...I replaced my driver side motor and it was one of the best non-performance mods I ever did! Before the windows would barely go up and down but not its like BAM! (BAM is a technical term)

I'll try that tonight.

Thanks for the response

1 - 9 of 9 Posts